Do you think a Girl/Woman's Mother is a preview of what she'll look like when she's older?

So is the mother an example of what her daughter will likely look like when she's older or is there other factors?

How much do you look like your parents?

• Yes, not saying they'll be twins but genetics are hard to avoid...
  • No, the father has a role in her appearance along with the genes of the other relatives in the family & extended family...
  • Maybe, there's a lot of factors such as...

Most Helpful Girl

• No. The mother is just one family member whom the girl may look like. Grandparents or the father may play a bigger role in her appearance.

Even if a girl does look like her mother when she was younger, it does not mean she will grow up to be the same way. Some mothers smoke, drink, eat junk food, or they do the exact opposite of those. And their child may end up doing the opposite of what their parents do. Lifestyle and environmental factors play a large part in how someone will look.

As for me, many people say I look like my mother, but many also say I look like my father. I'm not an exact copy of either of them. And when looking at their photos when they were my age, I look like a mix of them instead of like one or the other.

Most Helpful Guy

• Daughters have always something from their mothers.

If not phisicaly, at least mentally.

What Girls Said 10

• i was gonna ask something along these lines someday =] fun question!

people tell me i look a lot like my mum but iv also got dad in my appearance too.
    i've got his sister's body shape which is weird lol. my mum and sister have a totally different figure to me.
    i have none of their eyes, dad's nose and probably mum's face shape.

i think that it's a general idea- that girls turn out more like their mother. my sister looks nothing like mum. so yeah that's the beauty of genetics, the possibilities are endless :)

• I don't think so...

I mean my mother is overweight and I'd hate for someone to assume that someday I'd be overweight too considering how I'm actually fit and take my health seriously because I see what being overweight does to my parents. But the father definitely has a role too. I don't think I look like my parents but strangely enough me there is resemblance between me and my one half brother. Most people can tell we are related.

• Environment and lifestyle are also important to aging. I don't look like either of my parents so I have no indication of what I will look like as I age.

• I think it depends.
    My mom is addicted to heroin so she looks like a piece of beef jerky, and i know for sure i won't look like that.
    Her Asian genes did not do her good when mixed with hard drugs xD

• In my case , Yesh.

Everyone says I look so much like my mom.

We could pass for being twins if we were closer in age.

• Not totally. I just have my moms eyes, lips are my mom's side also. The rest of my facial features are kind of my own blend. I'm just a pretty version of both my parents. Well my mom is extremely pretty as well but you get my point.

• it depends in my family we all tend to look more like mom, just stronger genes but some men have stronger genes. It can skip a generation, my brother looks identical to our grandfather, this is mothers side.

• Yeah they'll generally resemble each other.

• I don't look like my mother, or even father..
    I look like my dead grandma :D

• Still genetically connected @zell0is0my0name

• @sexyphil : it's weird as hell, It looks like I could be her twin sister when she was young lol

• haha I know what you mean it is quite spooky when there is that much resemblance. DNA is strange stuff @zell0is0my0name

• I look a lot more like my mom now than I did when I was little, so yes

What Guys Said 2

• Pretty similar, I think. I've seen a fair share of spitting image cases...

Of course, when you get kids that don't look like their parents at all, it doesn't work so well.

• To certain degree but its known grandchildren resemble their grandparents more

• I look a lot like my father, I'm not too sure what aspects of my grandparents I share in appearance though.