Should I tryout for the football team?

So school is about to beginning and I was wondering if I should tryout for the football team. I use to play football with two brothers and his friends. They use to play football every Saturday and Sunday and they would let me come and play with them and his friends. I also played in a football league when I was around 10 or 11. And I wanna try to play on my high school's football team. I have a good arm and I can kick like around the 20 or 30 yard line, but I kind of feel that they won't let me tryout just because I'm a girl. Or they think I would instantly get hurt, but during the years I played with my brothers and his friends I use to get sackedtackled to the ground all the time and I always get back up again. So should I tryout or forget all of this and go back to cheerleading?

*Oh. I forgot to tell you that my sister played football during her football years and I wanna be just like her so I can feel that a piece of her is still with me.*

Most Helpful Guy

• You can try out but the chances of actually being accepted, being played and stuff is low, not to mention you have to actually hit people. Most guys who play take it pretty seriously to so don't fuck up and if you don't put in the training, time and effort required to play the sport then you are going to have a hell of a time trying to be part of the team.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Sure but you better start working out super hard, wind sprints and Jogging and lift heavy weights and do some football drills.

• Sure; at 13 girls are often bigger than boys.

• whats your stats? played in highschool, now looking to play for college.

We had three of four girls at try outs when out punter went out, but none of em actually made it in.

• Guy/girl doesn't matter. But if you still got that thinking, they won't prolly take you in. You gotta have strong mentality

• You can try out but you will be against guys much bigger than you so it will be hard

• with the guys? i mean you maybe be able to play now, but puberty is just hitting them and in about two years their strength and speed will surpass anything you can possibly do.

• Girls play football?//// o_O

What Girls Said 0