Asking questions is an art?

Asking questions is an art??

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• That is very true. It's what made Sokrates famous. Contrary to most philosophers, Sokrates didn't actually develop concrete concepts of how the world functions. At least we don't know of any such concepts by him. Instead, he would simply go on the streets and ask normal people good questions. Sometimes these questions seemed to have very self-understanding answers and the people answering them felt insulted that he would even ask them such stupid question. But as soon as they gave him an answer, he would use that answer to ask another question and so step by step investigate their world view. And the more he knew about their world view, the more he was able to see holes in it or aspects that didn't make sense and point these things out to those people. So in the end, Sokrates was able to make people think critically and in new ways about themselves and the world without actually telling them anything about his own convictions but simply by asking them a lot of smart questions :-).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I like to disagree.

Answering questions is an art.

Some answers provides knowledge, wisdom and insight.
    Depending on the question asked, the answer has the ability to influence another or change their way of thinking.
    Answers hold a lot of power in my eyes.

A question doesn't have that effect at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i think it makes sense

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah... maybe..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup and the children are the artists :D

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1