If someone truly does not have time for a relationship in their life, does that mean they don't actually care about you?

No matter how busy life gets, I believe that if someone truly wanted to keep you around, they would. Agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could also look at it this way. Maybe that person wouldn't be able to fully commit to that person and therefore wouldn't want to be in a relationship with them if they couldn't give their everything. That shows they care about them enough to let them know beforehand that it could potentially not work out in the end.

Most Helpful Girl

• Disagree, Someone may want to be with you badly, but he knows that it would mean he'd have to compromise on his career or on his relationship with you. He may be one of those people who want to start a relationship that they can make work, not one that is doomed to fail.

What Guys Said 6

• I agree with what you said. I've come to realize that a person is always gonna be busy with something in life, rather it be school, family, work, or etc. But if someone comes along and wants to be with you, makes you happy, and you enjoy being with them, then you'll make time for them.

• A relationship, as I've seen, is both a blessing and a heap of work. Sometimes it's better and more efficient to be single. That's why friends are so comforting to have because they make the ride all the smoother because they are just that, friends. Nothing too serious, but easier to handle.

• Sometimes people lie to themselves about having time for a relationship. They can feel stressed out and think to themselves there's no way I could handle more.

I would disagree. It's not a black and white issue. Most of the time I would agree.

• career orientated people like the military, the police, doctor... tend to rank service to the others as their first priority. There should be limits even in those cases. Your family (partner, children) should go first. I must say I toptally share your view.

• Only people who do your career/family first, believe what you believe

• Or maybe they do care and know they couldn't be as giving as they'd want to be so they let you go.

What Girls Said 5

• I believe too. But recently someone told me that if that person goes int a relationship, full time is a must. Which can be true, like saying you don't want that person to be taken for granted.

In reality, Priorities and ideals differ in every person and sometimes circumstances dictate it. At the end of the day, it's all about making that person feel loved even at least for a minute to spare :)

• I don't think so. If I didn't have time for someone I'd feel they deserved better and probably wouldn't try and get in a relationship with them.

• They might ignore you if they feel that you are replaceable.

• It's possible that they still care about you, could be that he really needs to do good in this job.
    A relationship that's new usually takes a lot of work and juggling it with a busy job could be too much.

• Agree. You are not a important priority in their life.