Who loves there dog/ cat , am I weird for checking my dog testicles and I have found a lump?

I have found a small lump on my dog testicle and people think it's odd to feel Testicles. I know it's strange but how else look for cancer with out going to the vet's? Because if you keep going and there is nothing wrong with him it's going to cost you. And I found a little lump and I am worried about him he is 10 years oldso he is getting on a bit. am I weird for checking his testicles? How else would you catch cancer early? With checking and taking him to the vet's?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's weird because how else are you supposed to make sure he is ok without wasting money on a vet who will most likely give him a clean bill of health anyways? Besides, vets do it (probably all day) so I think it's fine. But I understand that it might make others uncomfortable because I would be too if I had to feel my dogs testicles, I would feel like a molester or something :-( even though I'm obviously not. But if you found a lump, it may just be his anatomy. Unless you know it wasn't there before. Also, if he's been acting tired or losing weight it is worth checking out.

• You think he will be ok?

• Not if other symptoms are present. Like hair loss, weight loss, loss of appetite, lethargy. I volunteer for an animal shelter and also care for sick animals in my home. If these symptoms are present find a vet you trust who is flexible with pay and knows what they are doing and have them run a full lab panel on him, also do a UA.

• No nothing yet but it's early days yet I think

Most Helpful Guy

• It's uncommon but there's nothing wrong with it, you love your dog and want to make sure it remains healthy.

What Girls Said 3

• No , you sound like a very caring and dedicated owner.
    This is clearly more than just an animal to you but a creature you love (that you see as family).

• Thanks and people think I am odd I told my friend thinking she would be supportive. She was very horrible to me and now we have fell out. I helped her and gave her advice but I thought she would be nice but I was wrong

• Ok thanks

• No problem

• I don't think it is weird especially when they are getting old like that

• Yes he is 10 in human year s 70

• It's only weird if you have a fetish with animals -.-

I guess, feeling them for lumps and any strange behaviour, change in eating patterns, any difficulty with doing what they normally do (urinating, pooping), change in behaviour.

• No I don't do it for that lolthat would be creepy but people think it's weird for checking and now I feel like I am weird but he is going vet's very very soon

• Well, that's good. I do that to my dogs too, so it really isn't weird for me lol.

• Ok thanks

What Guys Said 2

• time to cut them off bro...

• I don't want to but if they can't save them so be it

• That is true about the pure breeds. I forgot to mention that. Removing them is probably the safer way to go.

• yeah, but i just want to say that if the "lump" feel like its movable and almost like a "fat pocket" or jelly then it's just abscess
      but if it is hard and unmovable then you have a problem and i would recommend you chopping the balls off bro.

• You tried to milk Mr Jinx didn't you? lol

• No but that helps from prostate cancer