I don't think we should be helping Africa?

I don't think we should be sending aid to Africa.

I think it's too late to help them and we're just wasting money on them. If you think about it, the more Africans we save the more overpopulated the world will become and the more disease there will be.

I think we shoul be focusing on our own issues in our own countries.

Africa is a lost cause.

Most Helpful Girl

• As you posted your opinion, this is my opinion, so you think Africans are needy and full of disease and overpopulated and poor, well when I checked most African nations have very small population, and diseases are found everywhere in the world, and let me remind you if you have forgotten, Africa used to be a continent with very rich resources like gold , diamond and the the rest until you who claim helping Africans came and ripped them all their resources and enslaved majority of them, the drought they brought into Africa planted a tree of memory, as its quite clear why are you complaining of the small aid people give Africa, what those fucking countries took from Africa can't be even played back

• And one more thing I forgot, before you should worry about Africans getting aid, you should worry of who put Africans in that situation,, the same people claiming to help Africa, you should be ashamed, your good life you think you have was stolen from Africa that life used to be for Africa, yes of course africa, but when"Sodom died and Gomorrah felt"means when this wicked colonialism ended in Africa, things has changed, most African country are not as poor as you think, most Africans are richer than your ass, Google worlds richest people, Africans are part from 1-60

Most Helpful Guy

• While I agree with you in principle, the way you word it sounds awfully cold.

Many people, including myself, consider over population the world's #1 problem. The experts don't all agree (nothing new there), however the consensus is that the world is vastly over populated. A lot of experts think we can't even feed the current population, let alone future growth. Over population is at the root of some of our biggest problems, such as the environment, famine, energy, resources, clean water, some wars, etc.

Technology is not keeping up with population growth. As a matter of fact, technology is the basic cause of the problem. The population boom directly correlates to advances in medicine and longevity.

Nature is cruel. But nature also wins in the end. Call it "culling the herd". Pay the price now, or pay a higher price in the future. There are no good options. None of the options, including what you suggest, are acceptable. However something must be done about it, or things will only get worse.

I have no idea on a palatable solution. But something needs to be done, and soon. There are no palatable solutions because most humans have a heart and don't want to see suffering. We watch a lion kill it's prey. We understand that nature works that way, but we still cringe for the poor animal being killed.

So what's the solution? Of necessity it has to be politically and socially acceptable. What you suggest doesn't meet that criteria, not even close. So what's the solution?

This is something I started to research for over 30 years ago, and I don't have the answer.

What Girls Said 7

• And that's why you are on anonymous.

• I can be Anonymous because this is a very controversial topic. If you don't like the fact I'm anon, you can do one :)

• Nah the topic is selfish and crappy.

• i think so too. mainly because aid gets sent to the foreign government first, which they abuse because they're corrupt.

• You might as well say that attempting to save lives at all is counterproductive. Why do we need hospitals anyway? They're hotbeds of disease and X proportion of the people in them are lost causes, let's burn them all.

• The people who come to OUR hospitals are people from OUR country. BIG difference.

• Survival of the fittest...

• Yes"survival of the fitters"that's all you can say, you are a very bad person, dehumanizing others and leaving them helpless its OK for you, and still getting butt hurt because the people who were abused and deprived from what rightfully belong to them are getting aid, what kind of person are you? you never change, you hate Africa and can't stand its rebuilding its land, you posted anonymously so that no one can see you,, but God has seen you. I never knew such wicked people existed!!! thank you.

• Yes right let the people die and don't do anything at all, u even know what you're saying? All humans got the right to live and no one should be an exception, u honestly care more for the money than human beings, we got everything we need and thats it we shouldn't ask for more! congratulations, how does it feel to live without a heart?

• Sure they have the right to live, don't be so daft. Does that mean they have the right to charity?

• We can't afford to continue helping them, because it's clearly a lost cause. Over 20 years we've given so much food, water and money, yet none of these countries look to be on the up!

I was raised perfectly fine.

• if we'd stop it'd be even worse and more would, sorry but i can't understand how you're able to look in the mirror i hope you won't continue to only care for your own good and forget people in need, god bless.

• Just stupid..!

• Everyone has their own opinion on this. I know how you feel, sometimes I also think that our world is getting overpopulated, however, everyone has a right to live. If you were in need of something, wouldn't you like to be helped?

• hmm i dont know.

What Guys Said 10

• It's not that we should stop helping them but that we should do it with different methods that actually work.

• africa needs education above anything. the world has collectively raped africa and left it in the dark ages. money isn't gonna help. but at the same time the world kind of owes a lot to africa. its pretty much the reason why western civilizations have the money they do now. yes i get that none of us personally did anything to africa, but just look at it like this.

there are thousands of species that are going extinct. should we just leave them to die because they are a lost cause? should we just throw money at the situation and hope it goes away? no, we are the reason those species are dying and its only fair that we be the solution. we have to actually get out there and help them on a personal level. you can donate as much money as you want, but at the end of the day that elephant is still gonna be killed, and that child is still gonna die of starvation.

teach them how to fish, not how to eat fish.

• and on the topic of overpopulation, education is the only thing thats gonna help them, they dont care or know of the effects that overpopulation can have. (same for india, china etc.) so just waiting for them to die off would most likely take longer then just getting them to realize that theyd be better off if they stopped having babies.

overpopulation needs to by solved by decreasing the birth rate, not by increasing the death rate.

• I think a stable government should be the first step in helping out these African nations

• Africa isn't a lost cause. But, throwing money at Africa isn't going to help. It's counterproductive.

Wealth doesn't appear by magic or at random. Africa needs a rational culture, if it ever wants to prospers.

• Hey I'm not against helping anybody but I do think we should help the people of our own country first before we try to help others. It's like Jesus said, pull the goddamn two by four out of your own eye before you try to take the splinter out of someone else's.

• I think you're wrong. Although I think a huge amount of aid should be in the form of birth control; that is a HUGE part of their problem. Niger averages like 7 babies per woman. "Gee, I wonder why we're poor and impoverished?".

• I mean maybe we should stop exploiting African nations as well and pay reperations equivalent to all we have taken and ruined. Our "aid" doesn't serve to help Africans it's part of a larger set of colonial and neo-colonial forces that continue to hurt Africans. If we really wanted to help poor people anywhere we would be helping them to become self sufficient but that's not the aim of the game.

• Actually the more you help the LESS diseases there would be

• No, think about it.

The more we help, the more people stay alive, and then the more medicine is needed to keep those new people alive, so the more disease because we can't handle it.

• You already did. You said current methods aren't effective

• Omg, well they clearly aren't.

• Yeah I think so too.

• Me neither. They should help themselves instead of asking for handouts.