Girls, How do you respond to a guys comment that makes you cry?

There was this guy who was annoying me and kept trying to have conversations with me, and I finally told him to leave me alone because he was annoying me. Well he responds with a long terribly hurtful comment, probably to worst thing anyone has ever said to me, and it made me cry. I am not sure how I should react to it. Do I respond to his comment? Or just say nothing back? I hate letting him feel like he is able to do that to me.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• You are definitely allowed to feel whatever you are feeling about the comment. In this situation because you rejected him, my guess is, it was much easier for him to lash out at you so that it would make him feel like he has the upper hand in the situation and not like you just rejected him which you are definitely well within your rights to do. Obviously he has proved the very reasons why you found him annoying, so just forget about him and move on to the company of people you know love and support you. Totally sucks to hear the negative, but again, he was probably trying to protect his own ego by lashing out at you to try and feel better about himself.

What Girls Said 14

• Well, you shouldn't have told him he was annoying, that probably hurt his feelings too which is why he lashed out. That doesn't give him a right to say that to you however: I would honestly just tell him that he's a jerk and that you never want to speak to him again because he showed you his true colours. Just be sure to not be rude to people yourself.

• I decided i am going to get him back even worse than what he did to me instead, cause it pisses me off way to much to just let it go. He isn't going to forget about it.

• Well I wouldn't advise you do that because it makes you no better than him, but I understand that it might be difficult to let go of something shitty somebody said to you.

• i think you should just ignore him because he's not worth your time (if you're thinking about replying to him)

• Tell him he will never find a girlfriend if he doesn't learn to treat people with respect and then file sexual harassment charges against him.

• i wouldn't respond. you are opening yourself up for another bad comment if you do x

• Ask him what is bothering him, because he obviously seems disturbed.

• "You belong in the ground with your mother" = the absolute worst thing a man has ever said to me

I never cried OR said anything back to him BUT I also haven't forgotten it.

Keep moving forward with smiles :)

• Never respond, ignore
    And never cry. Idc about anyone.

• Me and him have argued for months, and he has always been the one who backs off and stops argueing with me cause I never gave a crap about his comments. But he went really far to make me cry, and i dont want him feeling like he can take advantage of me like that and get away with it. But I don't know... i will make him regret it... Thank you though!

• I see you. Guys are not sensible like girls.. Sometimes , they can forget what will do. İ think İF the boy makes cry u, you won't say anything. You will look sadly and kindly. as soon as he wil be understand how lnjure u.

• you said this has been happening for months, so I think you should stop speaking to him.

• i have cried because of that before... guys can be so cold i hate them for it

but yea i usually dont respond, it hurts me when i cry (physically and emotionall) so im usually in no place to respond anyway
    i just feel so hurt

• Guys are cold hearted. I really just want to kick him in the nuts so hard and watch him cry all pathetically on the floor... I could do it...

• And honestly, if i had the chance right now, i would have no care what so ever to just slam my foot into his nuts and just walk away. That would make me feel a lot better and help my anger.

• im the opposite :( pure rage leads to tears
      you are lucky...

ugh... i hate being a girl sometimes tbh :\

• I had this same problem where the guy kept on teasing me and saying weird things. One day he said things in public which were really hurtful and I was almost crying... with room full of people.

Ignore him first of all.
    BUT because he did a hurtful comment just write something you really feel you want to tell him and go tell this to him or write it as a message to him. Do it.

• Respond with something equally hurtful.

• Thats what i am really wanting to do, i want to respond with something even worse and make him cry like he made me. I am so pissed off about it i dont think i can just say ignore it and say nothing back. I will not let him just feel like he got away with what he said, and what he did to me. He probably feels all cool and thinks he won by getting in the last word... I am not ok with that..

• Ignore him. Responding gives him power. If you ignore him , it takes away the control he believes he has. The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will be. Silence is your best defense. When someone hurts you... cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. Don't let the hurt define who you are. Responding will just prolong the hurt you feel. 😊

• Answer him but not with negativity. Try to understand him. It will take just 3 min