GAG'ers, do you like to sun-bathe? With or without sun cream to protect your skin?

I don't actually, though I do sports in the sun.
Often, I try to look for every bit of shadow or try to be in the woods when it's really hot.
What I always do to protect my head, is to wear a cap when I'm outside in the sun.
And, never a T-shirt without shoulders.

So, where are the sun-bathe freaks? :D

• As often as I can
  • It happens but rarely
  • No way!

Most Helpful Girl

• No cause I dont like sun damage to my skin :p I always wear sunscreen

• Oh yeah I share that fragile Belgian skin with you Ann... if you see a guy under a tree in the park it could be me :D

• Yes! :p gonna be delicious , I can cook some good stuff

• Deal! I'll accompany you when doing the shopping and cooking, I'm a total non-cook :o
      My cooking skills are like making scrambled eggs or cooking spaghetti... amen haha :-(
      And vegan is totally new to me. I'll look at some of your video's to learn about it!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love to but I'm too skinny for that. Whenever I'm at the beach for a swim, I just get in and stay in the water. And when I get out, I dry up and put on the shirt right away. Insecurity is a bitch.

• Yeah that sounds like a good idea.
      Though a friend of mine did that as well. He was on holiday in Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt, famous for diving and snorkling.
      It was too late when he discovered the sun burns so strongly there that you burn right through the water when near the surface :-(

• Oh yes, he needed treatment for several days and learnt a lesson :D

What Girls Said 13

• I always wear sunscreen, even in the city. It's very sunny in Greece. Sun is beneficial for physical and mental health, but it also ages the skin, and personally it causes me pimples and redness. I do sunbathe sometimes, but I don't get too tanned. Its ok though, I like my colour

• It's not always easy to see on a picture but you seem to have a fairly light skin? You may be fragile to sun burn?
      Good idea to always protect yourself... we have only one skin :D
      I've actually never been to mainland Greece, only to the islands: Crete, Santorini, Kos, Cyprus (Greek part).
      Those were warm but I've been told the mainland is an oven in summer?

• I think everyone should wear sunscreen, it's the cheapest way to have good skin and prevent wrinkles.
      Tanning salons is the worst you could do for your skin.
      The funny thing is, I haven't been to a greek island yet. I want to, though. Here in Thessaloniki the temperature reaches 90 fahrenheit everyday paired with a lot of humidity.

• Oh goodness... 90-95°F are the hottest days here. We have 5 to 8 of those per year, maximum :o
      For me that's about the limit. If the sun is shining and its that hot, I'd seek shelter most of the day...

• I like relaxing/sleeping in the sun. I don't use the sun to tan though. I just moisturise (no sunscreen) and drink plenty of water.

I feel energised and I feel good when the sun is out.

• Oh goodness Mooky if I'd do that... you'd have to come visit me in hospital I'm afraid :o :o
      Anything beyond one hour in the sun takes revenge on me... that's the life of an amateur living on the 51st degree of latitude haha :D

• Ouchies, I heard they can get really painful 😐

• Yeah you must have a very well trained skinn :D

• No. I'm a lady of the night.
    Like a vampire, if I stay out too long in the sun I'll shrivel, lol
    ... or at the very least get new "beauty spots" on my face

The worst was when I went to a baseball game. it was about 80F/27C outside but the sun reflected off the rafters or the ocean (i'm not sure) and was beating down hard. I only had a hat. No sunscreen. So by the time the game was done, I had a really bad farmers tan on 3/4 of my arms! Took the rest of the summer before it went away.

• Oh dear... since than always sunscreen in your bag I guess? :D

• I love it because the warmth feels good, but I don't stay out too long. It becomes too hot after a while, and I don't want to completely damage my skin.

• Sounds good... I've seen some pics of the skin of people who sun bathe excessively, under a miscroscope.
      It looked like dying skin... the people looking at the documentary about their own skin, were shocked :-(

• Yeah, it freaks me out a bit to be honest, but I like the feeling of the sun on my skin. I usually stay out for about 30-45 minutes and then head back inside. I'm not really doing my skin favors, but it's nice. Hah.

• A good compromise :D
      You'll be okay I guess!

• I have to wear sun tan lotion otherwise I turn into a beetroot. I burn within seconds of being in the bright sun.

• Oh my goodness never forget it than :D
      For me it's not that bad, the first hour in the sun is survivable. Than I need to get inside or under a tree otherwise... it's in your opinion :o

• I do sunbathe but not always. I prefer sunbeds because no tan lines! :D

• I see! I've never used a sun bed and since I'm not really interested in the color I wouldn't do it either...
      But I guess, if you limit the frequency and duration, it shouldn't be too much of a problem :D

• Sunbeds are fine when used correctly.

• I have what is referred to as a farmers tan. Only the parts that are normally uncovered in everyday clothes get tanned.

• Haha we often call it cyclists legs... the portion that is inside the cycling pants is white, the rest brown.
      I also had that issue when I went hiking in countries in the South... my body had a some Picasso-like look :D

• Yes I guess it is similar.

• No I avoid sun exposure whenever possible. I have to be careful of premature aging!

• I agree! I only go into the sun to do sports and when possible I'll find a wood to go hiking in the summer :D

• No, It's way too hot here to just sit out in the sun. Plus I burn easily.

• Yeah good idea to seek protection... we have only one skin to ruin so... better not :D

• I'm a creature of the dark
    I live in the shadows
    I'm already very tan.

• Haha I like how you said that... so I guess you're not very fragile to sun burn and can more or less reside in the sun, unpunished?
      If I'd be in the sun non-stop for more than an hour or so, I'd probably be really burnt... if I'm lucky only in the first degree :o

• Nooooooo... I imagined but sweat drops come out of my pants haha :-(

• Hahaha out of your pants from all the places? Lol

• I use sunscreen if I remember it lol

• Whoops... and if you didn't you feel sorry afterwards I guess... I've had those moments too :o

• Well I'm naturally brown.. so I don't usually sunbathe but when I do I rarely use sun cream or whatever it's called

• I suppose with darker skin the chances of sun burn are smaller? I just assume since albino people (with a very white skin) need to be extremely careful, they burn in minutes... becoming as red as a lobster :o

• I dislike sun bathing because I naturally have tan/olive skin so I don't want to become black

• Haha I think from sun bathing you'd become red (when burnt) or light brownish... if it makes you black that's beyond third degree burns, poor girl :o :o

What Guys Said 4

• I never really had super pale skin to begin with, but I found no reason to ever "sun-bathe." I get enough sun from doing yard work or running. Granted, if I'm running for a long time not in the woods of my local park, or if I'm cutting down a tree which will take awhile, I'll put on sunscreen. Most of the time though, I can get away without sun-protection since I'm tan enough nowadays.

• About the same for me, if I can't go hiking in the woods (but in open land) I have to protect myself...

• Umm I stay in the sun whenever it is out while I'm outside #FeelsGood i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif I'm also #Black so yeah fuck some sun-screen <3 LOL

• Nah I'm pale af.. Sun is my kryptonite. I need like sun block >9000 to be outside for long periods of time in the sun. I become red as a tomato within an hour lol

• Nope it won't work for me since I am wheatish fair and content with my complexion