Hyundai cars what do you think of them?

I never uderstood the appeal of them, they seem boring and they are marketed as economic cars when you compare the price to more upmarket cars like Toyota and nissan you will find little difference in price or in some cases they are cheaper than hyundai cars.
I see mostly old people that drive them mayber because they are so bland.
( I thought they were a cheap Chinese copy of Honda when I was younger)...

• cool cars
  • uncool cars

Most Helpful Girl

• Hyundai cars haven't had a good reputation lately. There new released models lack modern features, and isn't overall a luxurious type of car, but they are reliable. We have a car brand called Kia here, and I think Kia and Hyundai look very similar in design. That car you linked up looks similar to the Kia Rio we have.

I'm sure they are very reliable cars, reasonably priced aswell. But I need a car with looks, practicality, economical and luxurious.

• That is because Kia and Hyundai is the same company, that is why they look the same. We also have the Kia ones to. Most Kia branded cars and Hyundai branded ones are designed by Peter Schreyer who is a German designer.

• Kia is meant to be the more budget one and Hyundai the more upmarket one so that is why for marketing reasons. Expect I don't really know how much more budget Kia is really.

• Some of their cars in NZ have not only heated seats but seats that cool your back in the summer to as well as a system that automaticly detects windows steaming up and takes care of it for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• They *used* to be marketed as economic cars, and were actually very good value.
    However, these days Hyundai also owns the Kia brand, and those cars are now marketed as the budget option, while the Hyundai brand has gone more upmarket - so while you're right to say that they now cost about the same as the equivalent Toyotas or Nissans, you're wrong to say that those cars are more upmarket - I'd much sooner drive that i30 than a Toyota Auris or Honda Jazz, for example.

• but in general toyota and honda cars are upmarket

• Plus you have jap car manufacturers having a sister luxery line like the Lexus to Toyota or infinity to honda

• This is where it gets complicated because of geographical differences...
      In the UK, Toyota haven't used the "Corolla" name for years, having replaced it with the Auris, which is equivalent to the Hyundai i30. Similarly, Hyundai haven't used the "Accent" name for years. The closest thing we have to the current US Corolla, is probably the Avensis, which is equivalent to (and not significantly better than) the Hyundai i40.
      As long as you are careful to consider models that are genuine equivalents (which may not always be possible), then yes, they are very comparable.
      Obviously I'm treating Lexus and Toyota as two completely separate brands, and the same with Kia and Hyundai.

What Girls Said 2

• reliable and super low for upkeep.

• Middle aged people cars xD

What Guys Said 3

• They are better than they were in the 90s etc but they still don't have a name to be as good as a Toyota or Honda is in my opinion.

• I don't care for them.

• I was literally this close to buying one.

• Oh yeah, they are boring though. If that's a problem for you stay away. You do get a great spec for your money though.

• They're not Chinese, they're Korean.