Do cemeteries scare you?

I find cemeteries so creepy, I can't stand them. They freak me out. I don't feel comfortable being near them even during the daytime, I don't know why. I once went to the cemetery with some of my relatives at midnight during full moon, it was the scariest thing ever, I was sure something was gonna happen and I was gonna die.
How about you people? Are you scared of cemeteries? Do they make you feel uncomfortable or smth? I hope I'm not the only one who's such a scaredy-cat :(
Do cemeteries scare you?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Another scaredy-cat here. They scare the shit out of me!! Same like you, I don't even feel any much comfortable being near a cemetery during daytime, what more during the night.

Once, my friends and I went camping and we had to pass through a road and it's in a cemetery :/ What made it worse was that our trip was kind of delayed because we spent too much time eating dinner and by the time we reached that road it was close to midnight. I guess the worst was our car broke down when we were halfway through the road!! 😞

What Guys Said 32

• 1. The way we are reared to believe so many things, any common person would find a cemetery scary &/or creepy :)
    2. Well the problem with me since childhood always has been that if something creeps me out or scares me, I tend to indulge more and more into it till I don't conquer that fear :D
    3. I've been very intrigued with the ghosts & extra terrestrial stuff and yes during my teens I have spent night in supposedly haunted houses, cemeteries etc :D
    4. Why, I've even had a cpl of sexual escapades at cemeteries lol

• No because 1) sooner or later, death comes for all. And 2) it does bring a sense of comfort and closure to visit the grave of a departed loved one. In fact, this past Christmas, I visited the cemetery in Chicago where my grandparents' grandparents are buried. Personally, I thought it was quite interesting to see the names of family members that trace back to the 19th century.

• Not at all. Cemeteries are so popular that people are dying to get in!

• LOL I had a cemetery experience that scared me momentarily. I was in England in an old suburb of London looking through an old overgrown graveyard trying to find some ancestors graves. It was just starting to get dark, when suddenly a huge black dog burst out of the bushes and ran right by me. It must have been a black Great Dane or something, but it startled the hell out of me - it was like a flashback to reading the Hound of the Baskervilles when I was a kid and not being able to sleep for weeks.

• I went into a cemetry at night once - I can't remember what happened , I think I had an argument with someone and wanted to go somewhere quiet - I found it peaceful - No I don't find them scary at all.

• Nah, not really. I don't believe in paranormal stuff, therefore I have no reasons to be scared of an empty place.

• lol there's this cemetery in my hometown I jog by every single evening. In winter it's even more fun since it gets darker sooner.

• The prospect of visiting a cemetery at witching hour is thrilling to me, but I'm sure that nothing would happen when I get there...

If you wanna feel creeped out there, bring a group of friends, and bring at least one squeamish girl.

• i use to walk threw a cemetery quite often i remember walking threw it one night about 12pm with a full moon it was cold and windy with some clouds right in front of the moon pretty much the whole 9 on the creepy scale but it was't that bad there was this one spot during the day it look normal it was 4 trees squared up to make a canape looking thing but at night it was always dark and creepy as shit o yea and there was a headstone right in the center

• Another question relating to death... Sweetheart is everything ok? lol!!!
    Most cemeteries where i live are beautiful, and have elaborate gardens etc
    I also like planting flowers for my grandma and grandpa, since they are buried together

• Yeah me too but only at night there is this cemetery that I drive by all the time before I would go to the blood test place and it gives me chills

• Umm... i don't think i would be scared... LOL but i never really went to a cemetery... The burial system is different here in my country...

• actually i'd rather like to be in one at night, just to hear the sound of nothing bar animals and the light of the moon.

• Nah dead folks can't hurt me lol

• Nope our cemetery is actually a very nice place.

• Nope. I do believe in ghosts, but you always hear about them haunting the places they lived or died. Very few people live or die in cemeteries, so they are LESS likely than most places to be haunted. Not that I'd much mind if they were.

• As long as there's Wi-Fi connection over there then nope :p

• No, they are peaceful and somewhat interesting.

• And creepy.

• They say Scorpios are the sign is associated with birth and death creation and destruction, which means we have a sort of curiosity and fascination with subconscious, hidden, and forbidden/taboo aspects such as night, sex, the occult, and death. So maybe they're onto something. :p

• haha okayy

• Nope they don't. I don't get bothered or scared by things very easily.

• Actually cemeteries make me sad, it reminds me of my dead relatives especially my grandfather and my uncle

• No not at all... I think it's kind of peacefull it reminds me that life is ending and that I should not worry about not important things

• Nope not at all its the one place I can go to think without someone interrupting me.

• Every cemetery but the one my great granma was buried in scares me.

• Nah, not really. It's the dark hallways that u gotta watch out for.

• Some of my best friends stay at the cemetar... good listeners, those folks...

• No they're the safest places in the world because everyone is dead

• No such thing as ghost. Quantum mechanics doesn't allow for them to exist.

Sorry sis.

• Nope, whenever I visit cemeteries, I feel like I'm in a movie scene.

• I'm usually more scared of people alive then death ones...

• They are our final destination 😔😖😭

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 20

• No, I don't feel uncomfortable or scared of cemeteries at all. In fact, there's one cemetery near where I live that is extremely old (some graves are close to 150 years old) but it's also very beautiful and peaceful. There are many gardens around it, and pathways leading through it with benches, statues, and even a wooden swing. I honestly go there sometimes just to relax. Seeing tombstones doesn't scare me, those are people's deceased loved ones. I have loved ones who have died too and I visit their graves sometimes. It doesn't bother me at all.

• I don't mind cemeteries because I don't believe the dead continue to live on on earth and if they do - they do not dwell in locations - they dwell in the spiritual realm where every geographic location on earth is equally far and equally near.

• I don't really believe in ghosts either but I still somehow manage to find them super freaky.

• They make me terribly sad, and yes, they scare me too. I can't stay at cemeteries for too long.

• If I have to be there for some reason, I always try to get out as soon as possible.

• no they don't they are very silent and peaceful places

• Nah, they don't scare me. I'd love to go to one during the night. :)

• Not really they look awesome. Really old ones look badass. I like reading all the names on the tombs.

• I don't like cemeteries either. They give me this eerie feeling.

• They scare the shit out of me. e. e

• it scared me at night, but makes me feel think about my purpose of life as a sinner whenever I passed the cemetery at daylight

• No, I've lived next to a couple. They're just places where people go to rot and mourn.

• Yes, they do and they also make me uncomfortable. I avoid being at cemeteries as much as I can.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

• You're not. Before reading your question, I used to think I was the only too.

• Not really.
    I even had a small party a few years ago in Oxford with a bunch of friends. I guess they liked a little drinking and music after so long of silence.

• No I do not find cemeteries scary. I don't believe in ghosts or any afterlife for dead people. However I never went to a cemetery at night so I wouldn't know if they look creepy at that time.

• They're so freaky.

• No, they don't freak me out at all.

• Yeah especially at night anyways

• I don't find cemeteries creepy because I've lived over the road from one my whole life. I look out my window and I can see graves.

• I just feel sad/nostalgic around them

• No, they don't. They're nothing but a place full of dead, harmless people.

• Nope theyve never bothered me...