Is this a sign from God or some bizarre dream?

Last night I dreamed that I fell in love with this guy I have not seen since middle school 16 years ago. In my dream I desired him in a way I had never desired anybody before and I was not sure what it meant or why I would dream about it.

His name is very unique and I thought the dream might be a reference to somebody in my waking life whose name is similar to his except for 1 or 2 letters switched around. Or maybe his name references something in the bible since it sounds similar to a biblical book.

Why would I randomly dream intensely about somebody I have not spoken to in 16 years? He's not even a Christian and when I did a search of him online he seems to look really weird now. He's obssesed with body building and he goes way too OVERBOARD with it - looks more like a machine or a sculpture then a human person.

Why would I dream about him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on your first two paragraphs, I began to say to myself, "maybe" but based on your final paragraph, I would say no.

Men who are obsessed with anything generally have little to no time to devote to you as a person, and you are not going to change him. You should not say you have "Fallen in love with" him because that indicates something much deeper.

Remember that the devil oftentimes has more time to influence us than God does, and Satan has six thousand years of experience deceiving us. Some of the angels (now demons) may even have been around to witness Creation and know how we work better than any scientist.

Satan is a master manipulator. Never forget that.

I have been absolutely convinced of things in every way including emotionally, of things that I had a small head knowledge by reading the Bible, that I knew were wrong. Be careful... Stan is a deceiver, and while God can use dreams, you can be sure the devil does, to.

Don't get locked into a relationship that is going to destroy you and leave you cold.

• Thank you for Most Helpful. Please, guard your heart, because everything that you do stems from it. Be wise, and learn to trust your instincts, which are easy to shush up, but will save you from a lifetime of heartache. Learn also to quiet your heart- it is a necessary organ, even spiritually, but emotionally, it can really steer you wrong sometimes.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's just a random dream, from my perspective, most dreams that we have are just random and meaningless, and even if there were a message behind one of our dreams, I don't think that anyone would know what that message is, so don't overthink into this too much and think that God is trying to tell you something lol.

I'm not a Christian by the way. And all I can say is Allahu a3lam (God only knows)

• Haha the feelings were probably coming from your heart so... why not going for it :D
    Well, I'd say don't rush, but you can try to get closer to him and just be nice!

• Did you like this guy in middle school? I'm just wondering if there are remnants of feelings from the middle school guy that still appeal to you, as the present version of him doesn't seem to appeal to you at all...

• Yeah I did. He wasn't my first choice but he was somebody I would have liked if I didn't have more attractive guys distracting me from him.

• Some Christians believe that God speaks to them profoundly in their dreams... I think that at times, our minds can be too distracted by the past, present and future to be able to correctly discern from what God is trying to say and what residual feelings and thoughts we have in our somnolent state. I think if God was trying to say something to you, you would know what it is... or maybe it's a scripture reference, considering that the name is remarkably similar to a book of the Bible...

• That is nothing more than a dream. Clearly it has substantially affected you in the immediate aftermath, but you will soon realize how little sense most of that makes.

• Yes Jesus loves you its all destiny

What Girls Said 2

• I used to have an incredibly vivid recurring stress dream about marrying my first boyfriend's best friend (whom I hated and who hated me). Would you consider that a sign we were meant to be together?

• Weird eh? I wish somebody could explain it to me!

• I don't want to wait until I'm too old but I don't think I'm ready to be a mother right now.

• every person you dream about is someone you've seen before. Your brain can't create images of faces with no reference point. I wouldn't put too much stock in a random dream. I especially doubt that the person you're fated to be with or whatever is some loser you knew in middle school. (Everyone from my middle school are losers now)

• It's just a dream!