Crying when I found out I wasn't going to grow anymore, would u say thats too dramatic?

im 14 and my doctor told me i haven't grown in 2 years and that apparently im staying this height (4,11) . as soon as he left i just started crying because i always thought id be tall and whats good about being short? so i wasn't trying to be dramatic but i was sad. my mom yelled at me and told me to "grow up already" . would you be upset if you always saw yourself as growing up tall and then being told your staying at this height for possbly the rest of your life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Short girls are the best possible kind of girls. They are an entire bundle of cute, beautiful, hott and pretty. And i love being able to pick them up and carry them if they want. I am 6'1", and would absolutely love to be with a girl who was 4'11", that is perfect to me. Guys love short girls, and you should feel happy with your height, it will not hinder you in life, or hold you back from anything. Also... you are at the perfect height to punch a guy in the balls if he is messing with you =] Don't cry.

• You're so sweet :') thanks for this 💜

Most Helpful Girl

• Your mom used to wrong choice of wording when she said "grow up already" :/

Listen,

There are people missing limbs , eyes, with extreme disfigurement etc.

You're just a little short.
    There could be worse things.

Don't dwell on what can't be changed.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm sure it sucks right now because your expectations were to be tall. But you will learn to appreciate the benefits of being economy sized.

• 4'11 is an awesome height. Its fucking adorable! I love short girls. You really shouldn't worry about it :)

• Yeah, well i think we all wish we could be taller , it's not the end of the world
    but sorry you took that to heart so bad. Your mother should offered to
    comfort you cause that made you sad no parent should do that to their
    child. :(

• If I were short, I'd be upset, but then again I am a guy, not a girl.

• No disrespect but ya mom sounds like a b*tch. Id prolly be upset if i was 4'11" and told i wouldn't be growing anymore. And you only 14 so you should be expected to be upset about that, thats a big thing for a teenager to handle. Short is good for a lot of things and lots if guys like short girls if you worried about that...

• No, I wouldn't be sad. It Is what it is. Deal with it.

• at least you're a girl.

• I would be angry but at the same time short girls are cutr

• Yeah, i don't feel bad for you, sorry. Many and i mean, MANY men love short girls.
    If you were a guy then i would feel bad for you, but it's the tall girls that i feel bad for.
    You're fine.

• Tall girls are model worthy and store weight differently. If I gain a pound it's so obvious. If a tall girl gets 5 extra pounds you won't even notice. Tall girls have more options in clothes , tall girls can reach everything no problem, they won't get mistaken for a child

• i would say you're beautiful but i'm only guessing and i have no idea what you look like.
      so it would be a lie.

• Yeah well.. Haha thanks anyway. I'll take the compliment even I may not deserve it x)

What Girls Said 6

• Don't give up! You never know what the future holds. I was 5"3 for 8 years and now I am almost 5"6. I grew 1 inch from 19 - 20 and grew another 2 inches from 24 - 29.

• Lol I don't think so because I've been in your shoes. I cried a lot when I was 15 since I figured I wasn't going to grow anymore (I hadn't for the past few years) and was devastated because I have always wanted to be tall and hated looking at taller and slimmer girls and just couldn't help but feel envious you know? You can't do anything to change your height and that realllllllllly sucks but eh, as you get older, you learn to live with it.

• You're also 14 and you still have plenty of time to grow and your doctor made a prediction. They aren't always true.

• When I was 13 and 5'0 my doctor said I was done growing too because I hadn't grown in a while. When I turned 15 I grew to 5'5. My mom is 5'3 and I finally grew taller than her like my older sister.

• your doctor sounds like he is full of shit

• SailorMoon is 4'11 snd she's still badass!
    38.media.tumblr.com/...md5cmwXQtS1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

• AWW that's so sweet xD I wish I was 4'11 (I'm 5'2). Short people are the best and you should really look at the advantages

• Also, your mom was kinnnddd of rude there. I mean she IS the one who gave you the short genes, right?

• awh this made my day (: thank you

• Why you're welcome :D