How can I tan better & does tanning oil just make you burn or does it actually help you tan?

My skin isn't like super hard to tan just I burn easily and if I wear sunscreen I won't tan.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, I've never tanned. I just use a gradual tanning moisturizer. It works wonders, it doesn't look so fake and ugly and it's gradual, so you can control the colour you want. Use that instead of frying your skin. Do you have a boyfriend? I used to be like you. I used to think, 'I don't care what I look like when I'm older, I'm only young once' all that. Then I got engaged and I started thinking about trying to stay youthful and beautiful for him. Seriously, this doesn't apply to everything but nothing ages your skin faster than the sun! So just pick up a gradual tanner for a few dollars and roll with it.

What Guys Said 3

• You'll regret it when you're 40 and people think you're 50. Don't think it'll happen to you? Guess again. In many polls on this site of tanned vs untanned guys have overwhelmingly voted untanned

• Coconut oil is great but you need to be careful not to burn too much..

• Tanning oil actually works!!! I love it

What Girls Said 2

• Tanning oil can help as it speeds up the tanning process, but find one with SPF 15-20 in it or higher. I'd watch how long you lay outside, an hour or less is much safer. Also, watch the times that you are tanning. UV rays are the highest from about 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, so you're more likely to damage your skin during that chunk of time.

Hope that helps!

• You don't because you don't want to die of skin cancer