Your boyfriend overheard you badmouthing/trash talking him to your friends. He had an emotional meltdown. Would you feel guilty?

• Yes
    81% (46)
  • No
    19% (11)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

14

Most Helpful Girl

• This actually recently happened to me & I initially didn't know my boyfriend knew bin said things until he confronted me & ended things. I honestly felt so guilty and shit because I thought I lost someone I loved over something so stupid. Fortunately, he texted me a few days later apologising about his reaction, but I know I was in the wrong and I shouldn't of said something I didn't mean. We're past it now but it's still something that crosses my mind every now & then how a few hurtful words can really affect someone.

What Girls Said 13

• Everyone needs to vent about everyone else at some point. That's healthy. Having an "emotional meltdown" over what someone else says about you is not healthy though.

I refuse to be held accountable for someone else's emotions like that. It's not right, it's not fair, and it's not healthy.

• By badmouthing i mean actually doing namecalling and swearing and so on like calling him a dumbass or an asshole.

I am ok with talking about a problem so that you can feel better and handle it better but it should be done without namecalling and swearing about the person

• *shrugs* Venting is called venting for a reason. This is the world of adult relationships.

• So its ok to swear about the person? If this is how adult relationships are, adults are immature

• Yes, I would feel bad and I would apologize. Unfortunately, when we feel we can't talk to our lovers we will do so with others, and sometimes out of anger. It isn't okay to do that but it is a common thing, nonetheless I would feel terrible.

• Yes, I would. It doesn't take much to make me feel guilty about something.

• How guilty

• If he cried heavily and curled up on the floor, would you think he is unstable

• I wouldn't say unstable, but it would be surprising to see since guys don't do that a lot. However, I'm an emotional person and anything can make me cry, so I'd be a big hypocrite if I judged him for that.

• I honestly do not know, because I don't think I would say anything bad about him if he did something that made me absolutely angry. It takes a lot for me to get REALLY angry at someone. Most likely, to put it bluntly, no I would not. Is there an answer for "It depends on the circumstances" on the poll?

• First of all, I wouldn't be trash talking him at all. If I have a problem, I would go to him with the issue.

• Of course I'd feel guilty. But I wouldn't trash talk him to anyone in the first place, that's childish.

• I put yes but it also depends on what he did.

• well yeah, and shame on me for shittalking

• Okay, that is so wrong, just to start.

• I put no but honestly it depends on what I said. If I said something along the lines of "oh my god he's pissing me off, he's been such an ass lately" no I wouldn't feel bad. He shouldn't be having a melt down

• Hell no he must've upset me.

• I would probably have one too

• Dude, i feel bad for stepping on a kids foot two years ago. Of course i would feel guilty for that! Total betrayal! So many things are wrong with that. I'm sorry if that happened to you.