Will someone still receive a message on GAG if you delete your account?

Most Helpful Guy

• Users cannot send messages to an inactive account. However, if someone has already been messaging a user and then that user deactivates their account, they can add messages to the conversation but the other person (the one who deleted their account) will not be able to access or read them.

Most Helpful Girl

• nah u can't send messages to a deleted account.

What Guys Said 2

• If you delete your account you will not be able to send them a message. If you send them a message and they have deleted their account then it will most likely send but they will never get to read it. That is how I think it works.

• The message won't go through if the account is inactive.

What Girls Said 3

• you cannot send a message if you deleted your account.. and if you sent it and then deleted then they will get it...

• Private messages are sent instantly.

• I believe so yes, as the messages of deleted accounts are still visible. I would assume that an unopened message from a dead account would still be viewable even after the account has been shut.

@girlsaskguys shed any light on this please?