Do you think it's unattractive for girls/women to smoke?

I never really considered this before my boyfriend, a fellow smoker, suggested that I wash out my mouth after smoking so that my teeth wouldn't get yellow and I wouldn't have a smoker's breath. I'm going to smoke regardless, but I wonder how many people find this to be an unattractive habit for females. Also, I get looks from people, especially old people, when I light up in public.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I find it a very big turn off if girls smoke. I find unattractive for anyone (including guys) but since I am a heterosexual guy, smoking girls are a particular big turn-off for me. It's not just that your teeth get yellow, your breath stinks and - if you do it a lot - your voice gets completely ruined -, but also, smoke is so strong that it even comes out of your skin. Especially now in the summer when people sweat, this is an absolutely disgusting thing. Unfortunately, smokers usually don't realize this because they don't smell it themselves.
    But - just to give you an example - there are a lot of people at my university who smoke. They would always go for those small smokers' breaks between classes. When they come back and sit down next to me again, I can smell how the smoke of cigarettes they've smoked earlier in the day is literally oozing out of their armpits and forehead. I don't mind normal human sweat. Everyone sweats if it's hot outside. But this is simply disgusting and very, very unattractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my country at least 70% of the population both men and women smoke, from the age of even 14. So for me being a 20 year old woman, who does not smoke , I seem pretty weird. and odd to others. Sure everyone is like "good for you "and "don't ever start it", but they will lock they're eyes with the one that smokes, because sometimes not being strong enough as to say no to a cigarette, can indicate that you're not strong enough as to say no to other offers as well. Of course some people start it because they want to and the case mentioned above doesn't occur. But in my country most people are just curious and unable to resist, or peer pressured.

What Guys Said 22

• A woman smoking is a total deal breaker for me.

• Plus the cigarette butts smokers find it fine to litter because it is easy for them pisses me off. So rude, selfish and disgusting not to mention just how terrible they are for the environment.

• I thought that was common sense that guys are turned off by it?

I always found it an instant turn off and lose complete interest in a girl that smokes. I always viewed dating a girl that smokes like taking out a loan from an insurance shark and not thinking about the future. Sure it'll be fine short term but it was consequential from the beginning

She's already paying to kill herself. Should i really be valuing her opinion on health if she ever have it to? I'd rather be active and not waste money

• If you're going to shun smokers you might as well shun every girl that takes birth control pills because they kill you three different ways and also cause birth defects, and do so much faster than smoking does. If you smoke for forty or fifty years yeah you might have lung problems but birth control pills kill lots of teenage girls before they even turn twenty, and yet we keep prescribing them to every girl who hits puberty to help with their period, something that God intended for them to have in order to strengthen the lining of their uterus.

• in my opinion it's unattractive to smoke

• Smoking is very unattractive. It's smelly, it's ugly, and unhealthy.

• I enjoy the company of women who smoke tobacco pipes like myself. I don't really like cigarettes.

With the pipe I have none of the problems other smokers do.

• It is unattractive for anyone to smoke. Don't do it @Eliora1 Why do you want to pay to get a chest complaint? apart from the fact that these days a lot of guys wouldn't touch you if you smoke. It is a horrible habit. A good friend of mine died of emphysema and lung cancer a couple of years ago simply from smoking.. Please don't do it

• Not only is it extremely unattractive it's like wearing a sign that says you are ignorant, stupid and obnoxious. That's why people are staring at you.

• It's a complete turn off, honestly.

• Very very very unattractive.

• I don't care if it's a man or a woman I just disagree with smoking in the first place

• Its unattractive for anyone to smoke

• smoking should be banned, it's sick.

• Yes, it does

• yes. i do not want to kiss a girl who smokes

• yes, i like em healthy

• I think it's unattractive for anyone to smoke it's very unhealthy

• yes I don't like it at all such a turn off.

• Unattractive, unhealthy, unfeminine, disgusting and more! I would suggest you to stop as soon as possible. It's a huge turn off even when the girl's really attractive.

• My cousin has lung cancer because she smokes, she's due to pass away in December, that's how long they gave her

• very, a mouth that smokes is gross. nothing i want to kiss.

• plus it's silly to burn your money and destroy your health at the same time! very very silly.

What Girls Said 9

• definitely. girls and guys.
    i think smoking a cigarette is different to a pipe though. not sure y haha. i think it's cleaner? i dont even know, but yeah.

• Pipes are cleaner/better, no additives or man made chemicals present and it smells really good. even my sisters who hate oking like my pipe tobacco.

And you only do one bowl a day or every 2-3 days as opposed to packs upon packs of cigs a day.

• Smoking stinks. You will still smell despite mouthwash. Your hands will stink. Your clothes will stink. Your hair will stink. You won't smell it because you are a smoker.

They are most likely looking at you because they think how awful it is a young girl is smoking. Quit now before you get a serious habit. You will do yourself so many favours.

• Don't listen to this shite either, creepycreer a total moron who loves to make shit up.

creepycreeper 6 Xper Age: 27 mho 5%
      4hReport
      If you're going to shun smokers you might as well shun every girl that takes birth control pills because they kill you three different ways and also cause birth defects, and do so much faster than smoking does. If you smoke for forty or fifty years yeah you might have lung problems but birth control pills kill lots of teenage girls before they even turn twenty, and yet we keep prescribing...

• It's unattractive for anyone to smoke.

• I do find it very unattractive. And I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

• Some people do and some people don't. A lot of girls smoke cigarettes where I live and a lot of people don't seem to care. I just don't like people to smoke cigarettes around me.

• If you smoke in a certain way it's hawt.

• Only Lana Del Rey can get away with smoking and still looking hot xD lol #Jealous

• @MissMc3 : not only her, lol I've seen some guys who smoke like.. -fans herself- hawt hawt. Hahaha

• Omg well I guess if Zac Efron smoked he'd still be hot but guys like that don't count, they're not even human *melts* xD lol

• I think damaging your health is unattractive on anybody

• all these guys says it's a turn off lmao that's why I'm a lesbian and me and my partner smokes I'm 24 and I've been smoking since I was 14.

• yes and men also