Racism in islam?

so this might start an interesting discussion... opinions?
racism in islam ?

0|0
2|11

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no racism in Islam and that is true. But amongst Muslims there is racism not because of the religion but different races. Which isn't allowed but not everyone is perfect.
    As a user below commented about slavery. That's the thing, some people don't like Islam so highlight stuff about it which is NOT true.
    Islam was the first religion that gave women rights to their own property, keep their surname etc. It also was the first religion to ensure in a time where girls used to be buried alive just because they were females, Islam ensured women were treated like Queens. And there is no slavery in Islam. The user below said he got his stuff from Sahih Bukhari. Not everything in it is true. While the source is very trusted. Its published online. So people can fabricate stuff in it, which originally might not have been there.

www.facebook.com/permalink.php

^ that might help explain things. Before Islam people used to have slaves. But after Islam they didn't

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Erm... you know Islam was practicing slavery long before western countries did. Actually it was the west that had to force muslim countries to outlaw is, yet that only made it go underground and it still continues today. You don't have to look far to see modern slaves in Africa with imam traders. Saudi Arabi only outlawed it in 1974.

Muhammad along with being a military warrior was also a slave trader. He used to refer to black people as "raisen heads"

I'll provide Islams most trusted muslim sources from the hadith

The Prophet said to Abu-Dhar, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if he is an Ethiopian with a head like a raisin." - Sahih Bukhari 1:11:664

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief." - Sahih Bukhari 1:11:662

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin." - Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256

Muhammad owned several black slaves. Muslim scholar Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya relies heavily on the prophet's biographies written by great early Islamic scholars. He is regarded by Muslims as an authority, a primary source and a leader amongst Islamic scholars. He tells us in his book, "Zad al-Ma'ad" (part 1, pp. 114-116), the following:

"These are the names of Muhammad's male slaves: Yakan Abu Sharh, Aflah, 'Ubayd, Dhakwan, Tahman, Mirwan, Hunayn, Sanad, Fadala Yamamin, Anjasha al-Hadi, Mad'am, Karkara, Abu Rafi', Thawban, Ab Kabsha, Salih, Rabah, Yara Nubyan, Fadila, Waqid, Mabur, Abu Waqid, Kasam, Abu' Ayb, Abu Muwayhiba, Zayd Ibn Haritha, and also a black slave called Mahran."

Even today in Saudi Arabia, the heartland of Islam, the common word for "Black" is "Abed", synonomous with "slave", no differentiation for the term.

Muhammad's perspective on freeing slaves "In one instance, a man freed a slave that he kept as a sexual partner. When Mohammed heard what happened, he auctioned the boy and sold him for 800 dirhams to Na-eem Ebn Abdullah Al- Nahham." (Sahih Moslem vol. 7, page 83)

Quran 4:3:

"Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice." - Quran 4:3

"Muhammad responded to Seena "Blacks are, "pug-nosed slaves". (Sahih Moslem vol. 9, p. 46-47).
    etc

0|0
    1|3
    • Qur'an (23:5-6) - ".. who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves. See also Qur'an (70:29-30). The Quran is a small book (50 times smaller than the Bible), so if Allah used valuable space to repeat the same point four times, then sex slavery must be very important to him.

Bukhari (34:351) - Muhammad sells a slave for money. He was thus a slave trader.
      Bukhari (34:351) muhammad disciplinning his slave

Muslim 3901 - Muhammad trades away two black slaves for one Muslim slave.

• wow xD dude your answers are sooooo long

look, im not a scholar and i think this will just turn into an endless argument
      check this site, you can have a live chat with a muslim scholar and get the answers you want http://www.chatislam.com/

• Yup we don't have racism

1|1
    0|0
  • it may be colour blind but not so gender blind, it is sexist af, I mean no offence

1|0
    1|1
    • NOBODY VOTE ON THIS!!

perfect balance lol

• Why should I even care about the words of a pedophile who created a religion responsible for millions of murders, hundreds of wars, something that hasn't stopped for more than a millennia now?

0|1
    1|1
    • Show All
    • @jacquesvol what about him?

• It's forbidden in Islam, millions of different colored people visit the Hajj every year yet i have not seen a single one complaining about it, i think in Islam no one is superior or inferior to another, and that is the way it should.

0|1
    0|0
  • sure no racism, but if you don't believe what they tell you they cut your head off or stone you to death

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe that would explain how you cannot differentiate blood from water... colour blindness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree Islam prohibits racism

1|1
    0|0
  • Islam is prohibited racism 1400 years ago. It's amazing that people don't know this...

1|0
    0|0
  • Religions aren't the most enlightened way of thinking.
    There's racism among about all kind of believers. Thus probably among Muslims too.

0|0
    0|0
    • the verses are right there infront of you lol

i agree not everyone follows that but it doesn't mean it's not there

• Most Muslims don't follow the Koran. They follow what they *think*/ *heard* is in the Koran (and what suits them) Just like Christians and the Bible.

• There is racism everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know about everywhere... but yea it's bad lol

on a side note,
      do you think its worst in our days or like reeeaaaaallllyyyyyyy back in he day (and by back in the day i mean like roman empire and stuff like waaaaay back)

What Girls Said 1

• I've lived with muslims before and every one of them didn't like black people. These muslims I've lived amongst grew up in the middle east.

They are nice to black people in public, especially if they are also muslims. But the things they say behind their back...

0|0
    0|0