Why are some many religious people ok with doing violent and heinous things in the name of "God," yet look down on the worshipers of Lord Baphomet?

Is this not a profound contradiction? I even know Catholics who try to defend pedophile priests! This is absurd! Many so-called Christians, Jews, and Muslims carry out and ruminate on acts of evil every moment of the day!

Why are some many religious people ok with doing violent and heinous things in the name of

Building a relationship with Lord Baphomet opens the door to wonders that no other path can!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• The actual number of religious people who support those things is pretty small.

• Have you not heard of ISIS or Al-Qaeda? Have you not studied the elaborate and truly excruciating tortures that the Jesuits invented during the Inquisition? Have you not read or listened to the violent ranting and ravings of homophobic, sexist and racist church goers?

• I agree that it's ridiculous and hypocritical but you shouldn't judge all by it.

• I'm not judging all by it. My questioned asked "Why are so many?" Obviously, that's not "all." However, enough religious leaders and practitioners have sullied the reputation of these groups by spewing violent and hateful rhetoric. I'm tired of being judged as though my beliefs are "wrong" or "inferior." Anyone who reads the news or studies history knows that some of the most heinous acts in human history have been committed in the name of religion.