Are You Still A Gamer Or Did You Quit?

When I was a kid, I was a huge gamer... such a nerd XD. I used to spend a lot of my childhood indoors, gaming all day, all night, with friends, etc. When I was in high school, I used to game so much on Xbox Live with my friends, that my grades suffered some semesters (I still managed to make the honor roll from time to time). I even used to enter gaming tournaments with my friends at local GameStop stores and I used to want to become a Major League Gamer.

When I got to college, I started to see a decline in my gaming habits. I went from playing video games everyday is high school to playing video games every few weeks. As my college career continued, my gaming dropped to every few weeks to every 6 months. By the time I was in my junior/senior year, I pretty much stopped gaming all together.

After college (last year), I sold my XBox 360, My Wii and all my games on Ebay... and now I am not a gamer anymore. I just feel that there are other things in life that I can do than playing games all day.

Are you a gamer? Did you quit gaming? How old are you?

• I am a Gamer
  • I Quit Gaming

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a gamer. It's a fun hobby and I don't let it get in the way with "real life". I am a responsible adult, so I am able to work and take care of personal matters... but I still find time to play some video games if I want. I have cut down a bit, sure, but I still game. :)

Sometimes people find other hobbies or interests, and that's totally fine. I am looking forward to a few upcoming games, since right now there seems to be a bit of a lull.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup I'm still a gamer.

What Girls Said 3

• I still enjoy playing when I find the time but unfortunately I don't have nearly as much time for gaming as when I was younger.

• I've been busy with college so I haven't had much time to play.

• i quit gaming

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah I suppose I am one but well... I have very seasonal tastes.
    A genre switcher.

• I still play time to time yo

• I've definitely seen a decline in my gaming as I've gotten older. However, I love games for more than just playing, I love it as an artform. So I try to play as much as I can, despite my busy schedule.

However, the lack of any real good games recently has left me with nothing to play but Destiny.

• I quit just didn't have the time any more