Have you tried to Eliminate Profanity from your Vocabulary as you've gotten older and WHY or WHY NOT?

I guess since 18, i've progressively tried to reduce to the stage of complete elimination any degree of profanity from my vocabulary.

I thought it always dumbed down my vocabulary to being more simplistic (i. e i could replace actual words with swear slurs). It felt immature and unprofessional to me so I am glad that I barely if ever use a swear word now

• I swear a lot
  • I swear somewhat
  • I don't swear at all
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I swear a lot, I do not see why people think it is supposed to indicate a lack of intelligence, but that's what stupid people say when they don't have a counter argument.

I don't think there is anything wrong with swearing in your personal life, I am very adept at switching it off though. Having worked with the public for a number of years I can easily go into work mode and not swear.

If anything I swear more now than when I was younger. I've learnt so many new expletives, seems a shame not to utilise them!

Most Helpful Guy

• Growing up, I didn't really swear all that much. I would never swear in front of my parents because that crap would probably get me crap like the belt when I was younger, and I never realls swore in front of friends because I saw no point to adding it into my vocab. I honestly have no care that someone swears arround me, but I feel they start to use their meaning if you swear too much.

Because of that, I've only sworn either when alone or when I'm pretty angry.

What Girls Said 5

• i hate to admit it but if you were to speak to me in person half of my words would be either the c word or the f word its something i've been brought up around and can't help

• I cuss a lot just not around teachers authorities etc. It not that I do it for attention its just habbitual now

• I swear a lot around friends, even around family. When I'm at work, or meeting new people, I have impeccable manners.

• Not actively. But I tend not to use profanity as much, even though it's still frequent. I have just naturally drifted away from it.

• I swear mostly around family, not in public.

What Guys Said 2

• Eh, I still swear a lot. I don't see the taboo in it to be honest. the word is what we make it to be.

I see what you mean about limiting you vocabulary though but I can be fairly creative with my swears...

• Believe it or not I don't curse when off the net. Swearing is overrated.