How many languages can you speak/utilise/understand? And how well?

I am interested in learning how well male vs female/ female vs males brains are at learning languages, utilising them and maintaining them. I myself can speak four. Spanish started as my mother tonguge but was replaced by English. I am learning French quite rapidly and am also independently studying Russian and a computer language (Javascript).
My levels of proficiency go as such. English/French-Spanish-Russian-Javascript.

Most Helpful Guy

• First language: Russian
    Second language: English
    Third language: French (some knowledge of it but not much)
    Fourth language: C# (some knowledge)
    Fifth language: Java (recently started learning it)

I also know a few phrases in Spanish, German and Ukrainian. That's pretty much it

Most Helpful Girl

• In rough order:

English
    Music
    Body language
    Symbolism
    Spanish
    Arabic
    I can read Interlingua and, surprisingly, Romanian when I select those languages on Wikipedia. Try it. Also, I can understand some slowly spoken Italian and can read-understand bits of Latin.
    HTML and CSS

What Guys Said 14

• Fluent in English. I know basic German and basic Spanish. If we are going computer languages too, I am fluent in Java and C++.

• mine are English, Spanish, learning french and i also know javascript, c++, and i am learning italian ( i forgot the name of the language lol)

• French (native)
    English (very fluent)
    Python, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Transac-SQL, PL-SQL, Java, javascript, html, bash, sed, awk, xml, etc.
    I actually kinda took a step back from programming in recent years and to be honest, I am not even sure I could program in any of them at the moment. It's been too long...

• English
    Spanish
    Japanese
    ASL

Java
    C++

• Fluent in German (native), English and Scots.
    Good skills, although not fluent, in Welsh and Latin.
    Basic skills in Irish, Breton, Scottish Gaelic, Russian, Old English and Upper Sorbian.
    Minimal skills in Cornish, Czech, Old Norse, Middle Welsh and French.

• Arabic is my native language and I speak English very well.

Right now, I'm learning German, I only speak a little bit.

• I can speak fluent 3 languages one of them being one of the hardest worldwide.
    I can understand I little Dutch or Swedish.

• I can speak 4 languages: Dutch (native), English (pretty fluent), German (average), French (average). I can read Cyrillic writing and I can sometimes make something out of it, but I can't understand much Russian.

Regarding computer languages. I learned HTML and CSS, I can do these pretty well. I also know a bit of VisualBasic, Java and SQL.

Levels of proficiency: Dutch-English-German-French-HTML-CSS-VisualBasic-SQL-Java-Russian

• Father language: German
    Mother language: Finnish
    Other languages: English
    else small bits of: french, Spanish, swedish

• Fluent at English and yoruba (my native language) and I know a bit of french cos I studied it at elementary school

• Arabic , English, French and German very good and I am learning Italian

• English
    Love ;)

• 'Murican so I cn bearly tlk englsh gud. I cn rede menyu at Takkobelle.

• JavaScript? -_-

What Girls Said 9

• Fluent in English and Latvian, and I know the basics of Russian and a bit of French.

• I speak fluently Hungarian, Romanian and English.
    I know "German for dummies" (=basic sh*t) too.
    As I know, women have it easier to learn languages, while men have it easier with math and physics.

• im moroccan so im able to speak arabic and berbers.

Therefore I live in the netherlands so I speak dutch, I speak English quite fluent aswell

And I understand ; Spanish and french. i do have trouble answering though, its mostly loose words tied up in a sentence but they understand
    Me and thats what matters 😊

And I only understand japanese because of anime and manga 😂

• French is my native language.
    I'm fluent in English , and currently learning Spanish.
    I also understand and speak amharic ( spoken in ethiopia )
    As long as you speak English and french , you can grasp a few word from languages that have a germanic /latin root thus making it easier to leart them.

• I am 100% fluent in both English and Spanish. I am quite proficient in Italian as well☺.

• I speak English and French fluently, and I'm beginning to learn German.

• I can speak arabic, french and English fluently and i am ok with asl ( American sign language).

• Arabic and English (fluent)
    some french (like 60%-70% good at it)

and currently learning italian ^_^

and i know a little bit of Spanish (can kinda understand it when i read it too)

• I speak English as my first language.

My 2nd language I know is Spanish. I can understand someone speaking it to me at an intermediate or advanced level, same as writing and reading it.