At what age did you realise that Life was not fair and what was your reaction to this realisation?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I gained the ability of rational thought. I'm adopted and have been through various s**t from birth. I don't allow anything to keep me down, though and i move on to live my life.

What Girls Said 5

• I think I realized this at the age of 9. That was when I understood that the world did not revolve around me - before that I always thought it did because I was the smartest, prettiest, nicest, most popular and happiest out of all of my friends. I don't think I ever cared that life was not fair - sometimes I felt isolated and depressed that I was having problems while others were so carefree and relaxed about their lives but I was never resentful to them for being better off then me.

• I never thought life was fair. My parents teached me from young age that life wasn't fair and I'm glad I never had to live in such illusion.

• 3 years old. I don't remember my reaction.

• When I was 4 years old... some of my classmates used to ''bully'' me, they just used to hurt and mock me... and me being the scaredy cat never had the guts to tell the teacher. My reaction? I used to throw up and cry almost everyday at the thought of going to school. Sad.

• Pretty early on. Maybe 3 or 4.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know what age but it was because of how some people are healthy while other have dibiliating illnesses, some are born into wealthy families while others live on the streets, some people are blessed with good looks while others are hard to look at.

When I thought about those things I realized life is just a game of luck. We are all felt a hand and some people were delta better hands than others.

• My brother is 30 and my mum is 50...

I was about 8-9 and was thinking about the solar system and the universe

And started crying my little heart out because a thought came into my head 'your brother is older then you.. Had more time with mum and she's gonna die before you spend as much time with mum as my brother'

• I have yet to realize this. I have always found life to be more than fair. You get out of it what you are willing to put in. =)

• It happened around 2 years ago. I simply figured out that what you're taught by your family is not what's rewarded by human beings. So, i stopped trying to be nice.

• i pity those who never realise it... seems pretty elementary.

• though to answer the point... well meh... i didn't care. there are many things we cannot control. this is one of them.

• I don't ever recall thinking life would be fair. I was about twelve when I realized the idea of fairness had no objective meaning and so the sentence "Why isn't life fair?" means the same as "Why isn't life the way I want it to be?"