Would you rather?

Be able to play any instrument like a pro (and that includes vocals), or be able to speak every language fluently?

• Every instrument
  • Every language
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely every language! I know how to play three kinds of musical instruments and some basics of harmonica and saxophone, and I think it's kind of enough for me. Language will bring me everywhere, hopefully I could master many languages someday tho :)

• I agree! And to be quite honest it's a lot easier to learn an instrument than it is to learn a language!

• Thank you 😊

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 12

• Every instrument. Music is my life, and I would love to be able to play any instrument. I wish I could sing so bad!

Playing every instrument though lets you write songs much easier. The more songs you write, the better at writing you become. From there you have a powerful advantage over the rest of the music industry and can get famous. If you get famous for music, you'll be making big bucks. What's more important for me tho is that I'll enjoy what I do for a living.

So I'd rather learn every instrument and be able to sing. That'd be a dream come true.

• It would be really awesome :)

• Regarding songwriting, I took antipsychotics (specifically quetiapine) for a while, and they majorly improved my songwriting. Like, a LOT.

I wouldn't reccomend them, since they shrink your brain, mess with your sex-drive, and can cause permanent Parkinson's-like symptoms amongst other drawbacks. They also made me more of an asshole.

But I would be fascinated to discover why, and if there's a healthy, natural way to create the same effect. I've heard of others who have had their creativity impacted by ingested substances, e. g. Eminem, whose way with words especially on those early records I can kind of relate to from the stuff I wrote while on drugs (not comparing myself to him, just saying it made wordplay and rhyming much easier). Also Danish film director Lars Von Trier, who, last I checked, has retired from filmmaking after giving up alcohol, because he feels like he can't create without it.

In short, I'm not advocating doping, far from it, but this stuff should be researched!

• I picked language since i already know how to play the renaissance lute, classical guitar, acoustic archtop guitar, solid-body electric guitar, electric bass guitar, bluegrass mandolin or f-style mandolin, A-style mandolin, electric frypan steel guitar, lap steel guitar, pedalsteel guitar, sitar, violin, viola, cello, double bass, petite grand piano, baby grand piano, medium grand piano, parlor grand piano, semiconcert or ballroom piano, concert grand piano, church organ, chamber organ, thatre organ, electric organ, harpsichord, hurdy gurdy, hammered dulcimer, drums, bladder pipe, bag pipes, recorder, trupmet etc.

• O my lord you're like a god 😅 all I can play is the trumpet and a little piano lol

• i can learn any instrument I want, with time and practice. But learning a new language is hard for me.

• That's very true. I'd have to say it takes more time to learn a language than it does to learn an instrument.

• Speak every language fluently, it would be the greatest weapon during an alien invasion, as I'd be able to translate the aliens language.

• If "every" language includes
    ancient/lost languages, then I pick that.

If not, Instrument/Vocals for me! ^.^

• It does :) by every language I mean every known language whether it be dead or alive

• Speaking every language is strategically the better ability - however unrealistic it may be.

• Don't get me wrong, it's close, but I'd rather be able to speak languages because I'd like to visit just about everywhere

• I voted for languages but really I'm going to choose instruments, since flawless musical and singing skills would probably be able to get me very rich; and money is a lot more useful for travel than speaking another language.

• Speaking every language fluently, that would be beyond awesome.

• I think I have to agree with you there (although I'd love to be able to play several instruments)

• Instruments... I don't care to talk with people

• Every instrument.

Most people learn English anyway.

• Which ever one would make me the most money.

What Girls Said 11

• Every language. I could talk to anyone it would feel amazing.
    I'm fine not knowing how to play an instrument now, but an instrument seems easier to learn than a full language

• Speak every language fluently.

I wish if it could happen. 😊

• I would love to read literature from foreign authors around the world - culture is such a beautiful thing to study.

• I would choose instrument. Most of the languages that I hear are ugly and I have no interest in learning them.

• language would be more useful,..

• Learn every instrument since I'm not very talkative.

• Being able to speak every language is much more useful.

• Speak every language... I love learning new languages!!

• speak every language

• Language, since anyone is able to play an instrument like a pro, they just have to practice practice practice! (except for the voice, that's sometimes just a lost cause xD)

• B because languages are actually useful lol