Guys, Do you think pet rats are gross?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not THIS accusation again (not talking to you, but referring to hearing or reading about it in general). I'm an animal guy more than anything, and I really mean no animosity toward anyone, but I'm beyond sick of domesticated rats getting so much hatred and ill will from people who know ZILCH about them. I mean, it's one thing if someone *misunderstands* them, but anyhow, there's a reason why domesticated rats' lifespans are longer than those of wild rats, and WHAT's the difference between rats and guinea pigs? They're both rodents, and there are wild guinea pigs as well, so why aren't guinea pigs filthy, disgusting animals? Honestly, name any wild animal and don't be shit-shocked if it's not as cleanly as you desire.

Also, really, why hate wild rats so much? I guess I can understand if you have bad issues with them, but they're just like any other animal: doing what they have to in order to get by. Any animal, though, that kills or torments animals for pleasure or greed is a true pest, and can you guess what that animal is? Humansssss.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• Yes unless they can cook.

ohmydish.com/.../Ratatouille-movie.png

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. I had friends who had pet rats. They were cool to watch. I let 'em climb up my arm. As long as they've had shots. I ain't trying to get the black plague. Or the modern equivalent.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah I think they're chill as fuck if they can do my simple biddings lol

0|0
    0|0
  • They are no more gross than any other pet I reckon, but I don't want any pets in my house.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... yes 😵

0|0
    0|0
  • They freak me out, i just think of them as dirty disease ridden animals. Their tails are disgusting as well. This is just my opinion though, I've never come across a pet rat so can't judge the domesticated ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I like rats. Everything but insects, fucking things are disgusting.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, I have a hamster and it is not far off

0|0
    0|0
  • I got pet rats and they are clean animals

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they're not gross.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rats spread disease so yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rats transmitted the bubonic plague, which killed something like 1/3 of all Europeans?

0|0
    0|0
  • Pet rats are cool, you can feed em cookies they r cuuutee

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. They make good pets apparently. I wouldn't mind having one if the cat didn't murdalize it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes Unless they're for some scientific research.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    ---------

0|0
    0|0
  • so long as they ain't bugs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Don't want the bubonic plague

0|0