How can you tell if people shit-talk about you?

Is there a way to tell?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just assume that somebody is talking shit about you. There are enough people who do it that it's not a bad assumption. As for who might be doing it, about all you can do is understand who might be that kind of person. Pay attention and you might catch a hint. Very likely you'll never know about it though.

This kind of thing goes on in work environments all the time. Either because they are just that type of person, or because they try to use it as leverage to advance themselves in the eyes of the boss. A decent boss will recognize it for what it is and ignore it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not really unless you hear the information that talked about you back from someone else.

Another way to possibly tell,
    Is if they are the type to constantly shit talk other people that are supposed to be their "friends".
    I often wonder,
    If this person is such good persons with those people,
    And she talks that badly about them,
    I wonder what she says about me?

I always look at peoples actions.
    It helps me evaluate them.

What Guys Said 2

• You can smell it on their breath

• You should assume that some people are bad-mouthing you. Know why? It's human nature!

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly I couldn't tell, because if they shit talk me, I tend to remove them from my life or ignore them.

• When they shit talk about other people with you, they likely do the same to you when you're not around

• Well sometimes thing slip... lol

• If they usually talk crap about others chances are they do the same thing to you to other people.