How can I get a 100% on an examination?

I'm not kidding.. I really need it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting 100% on an exam can (in my experience) be relatively easy, or next to impossible, depending in large part upon the course / professor.

I would suggest first trying to determine what source of information the examination will mainly be based upon. Some teachers tend to draw their questions from previous problem sets, or from a textbook, or from their lectures or from practice exams. If the teacher doesn't specifically tell you what the best study source is, it might be a good idea to look over old tests from the same course and teacher to determine if they tend to keep a similar format and what areas are best to become familiar with (assuming you are in university, teachers will sometimes provide old tests... alternatively there might be websites for student organizations which maintain test banks)

Although you will want to study all sources, understanding if there are more important areas where you should devout most of your study time can be helpful.

You don't actually say what type of test you are taking however some general tips:
    1. Try to create mnemonics, such as memorable phrases, to aid in memorizing information. A memory palace could also be a useful technique but it can take time to learn how to use it effectively I think. Also it's good to remember interpreting information into images / stories can often make it easier to recall.

2. Consider ordering and categorizing information, memorize not just the information but the categories and how many items are in each category. In my experience this can make it easier to avoid forgetting something. Try to create various cross-linkings between the information.

3. When studying, focus on it. Don't check your phone or the internet or what have you. Lack of focus when studying could seriously affect information retention.

4. If you have any questions, try to ask the teacher or GSIs/TAs early, so you can get back to them with followup questions if you are still confused.

5. One easy way to lose points on an exam (again in my experience) are questions that are open to interpretation (being a teacher doesn't necessarily mean one is a good writer). Try to not be afraid to ask for clarification if you think a question can be interpreted in multiple ways.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• here's the secret: study

• Studying real hard will help, get enough rest and sleep the night before your examination, make sure to eat before you go for the examination..

• Is your teacher male

What Girls Said 2

• Know everything about the subject...

• study study study and dont procrastinate