Do you think that it is ok for a non Muslim women to walk around with a head scarf?

I've been told by some Muslims that it is offensive. What do you think?

• Yes it's ok
  • No it's not ok

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think so. I've seen women wear them because of the weather or for fashion with jeans on and a blouse. Head scarfs are normal in general.

Now if you are seriously trying to look like a Muslim women and you aren't muslim then, its sorta eh but then again people like to wear things from other cultures like African shirts and dresses so yeah

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe it should be considered offensive if Muslim women wear a head scarf bewcause it mocks women with cancer and hair loss. Makes about as much sense.

• Wear what you want, it's one of the joys of western civilisation.
    ... and to be honest you (or anyone) has as much claim to 'owning' the right to wear headscarves as they do. Western europeans have been covering their hair with fabric since before the muslim faith existed. And it remained an element of western fashion in one way or another until about 30 years ago.

• That's kind of offensive, actually. I think people should be more respectful of others' traditions and cultures than they are...

• how is wearing a scarf offensive to anyone?

• But people in Europe have been wearing headscarves for as long as muslim people, it's just fallen out of fashion in the last 30 years.

• If you're talking about Babushkas, they're not quite the same, but also possess different meaning in their culture. They also don't look the same, either.

• I did not know that head scarfs, belonged to a certain religion.

I know African, Indian and European women that were head scarfs and they are not of the Islamic faith.

• Yes, it's OK. In fact it is required in some muslim countries and regions or sometimes recommended.

• Russian grandma's do it all the time doesn't mean it looks good though.
    c2.staticflickr.com/.../...541210_33fddf5fe9_z.jpg

• If I am in their country then if I am with a women from my nation I will insist she obey their rules.

But here in the United States if they have a problem with it to bad, our women are not required to obey their laws or traditions.

• It's okay so long as you're not in any country, or area, with a huge population of Muslims. Then it's offensive.

• Like offensive for them to see you in an area where they are pretty much the major religion and culture, and a female suddenly walks around without one. I've been told if you are in a country with Muslims, you HAVE to for your own sake.

• Don't let Muslims terrorize you into changing your life style.

• Yeah it's perfectly ok to wear that.

• I can see that as the equivalent of some white boy getting a "tribal style" tattoo.

• Yeah, if they find it offensive it's their problem.

What Girls Said 5

• Muslims can't say shit about our clothing in our countries. That's fucking offensive.

Also if you come to Northern Europe where it is colder we actually had Scarves and used it occasionally ourselves to avoid the cold weather and protect our ears. Scarves aren't theirs to say crap about wearing it.

• Fuck the Muslims, we can wear whatever the fuck we want.

• Vote A = I am all about personal choice x 10000000000000000000

• Muslims believe that women who have reached puberty are supposed to cover themselves except for face and hands and feet (only in public/in front of marriageable men). Not doing so = sinning. So the women who choose not to wear the headscarf or who show their skin to people who aren't supposed to see it are sinning, including Muslim women who do that.

So why would I not encourage women to cover up more? No it is not offensive if the intention isn't to mock. This is coming from a Muslim woman

• Thank you for sharing your opinion

• I think it's fine.