When should a person get there wisdom teeth oht?

I am finally getting all four of my wisdom teeth in and none of them are impacted, thankfully. :)
But only one came in slightly crooked, should I get it removed or should I get any of them removed, since they aren't bothering me? Only once in a while I have to ice my jaw for the slightly crooked one on my lower jawline. Should I get them all removed or just the slightly crooked one that only hurts a bit at times, but not very often?

Thank you for all of your answers so far for this question. And by the way none of them are impacted just one came in a little crooked in the back

Most Helpful Guy

• I was told many, many years ago to have my wisdom teeth removed because one of them on top was coming in cooked.
    I said SO WHAT! Is it going to affect the other teeth by making them crooked or move them? I was told no. Then let them be :)
    The top ones are hard to brush & get cavities. When that happened I told the dentist to just drill on an angle. Reluctantly she did. Recently the time came when the dentist "claimed" there wasn't enough tooth left to fill it. (just like a molar that would need a crown) That's when I decided to have the top 2 removed. I kept the bottom ones because they are easier to brush & fill if needed.
    I'm not unhappy that I waited. I guess it's pull me now or pull me later. In your case you occasionally have to ice your jaw. Not a big deal. As I wrote pull me now or later.
    Personally I'd wait.

• thanks for your answer and only the one is crooked on the bottom and the rest are straight and don't bother me. and the bottom crooked one isn't really a bother only once in a while and they other three aren't cavity looking as they look as good as my other teeth. so do you still have your other 3 wisdom teeth?

• was it painful to have them removed? And how long was your recovery time? We're your embedded or were they out (and showing)? Did you have any discomfort before you had them out or any after the operation?

• No it was not painful. They use plenty of Novocain. No I had no discomfort before having them removed. Both teeth were all the way out. I remember the left one took two men & a boy to pull. They give you some kind of bite block so your mouth stays open. The dentist did ask twice, "this tooth wasn't bothering you? NO it was not it was bothering my dentist. I guess it must have been pretty decayed. They gave me pain meds. I only took 1 before I went to bed just in case. The next day was OK. I'm pretty sure I ate regular food. I just was a bit careful to take smaller bites and chew more towards the front of my mouth. Recovery time was a couple of days. I was still cautious of how I was chewing. It never bothered me.

Most Helpful Girl

• When they first start coming in, and before the root has time to grow into your jaw bone

• That's not really how it works... The teeth literally came out of the jaw. When the tooth erupts, the root is already fully formed and doesn't need to 'grow into' the jaw.

• If the roots are grown into the nerve the doctor could damage the nerve getting the tooth out. This is what my dentist told me @gingerbear

• That's if there's an abscess or cyst on the root, causing damage to the nerve or bone. The longer the tooth is impacted, the more likely that is. But it has nothing to do with the root nerve when the tooth is erupting.

The asker said none of hers were impacted, so it's a moot point, and shouldn't be a problem.

What Guys Said 3

• No don't get them removed lol Unless you need space and there too crowed, painful, or pushing your other teeth out of alignment.

There healthy good quality teeth that I use all the time to chew... I told my dentist not to remove them since I seem to have enough room for them.

• Dentist seem to have made it into a secure revenue stream. They charge a lot to get them taken out but it's not necessary

• thank you for your answer

• No need to get them removed if they aren't causing a problem.

• thanks for your answer

• You waited way to long. I got them out at 15 before they were showing. It was still a lot of pain but nothing compared to what you gonna have

• well. they didn't show up and such tip last year and early this year. and what kind of pain would I have? sigh.. thanks for your answer

What Girls Said 2

• See a dentist, or an oral surgeon. There is usually no need to have wisdom teeth extracted unless they are causing pain.

• If you go to your dentist they can give you a set opinion, but you will probably only get the one that hurts out. Unless there's an issue with not being symmetrical, there's no need to take out the others.