If you were a doctor and your good friend's SO was your patient with a terminal illness would you tell your friend that her/his SO is dying?

If you were a doctor and your good friend's SO was your patient with a terminal illness would you tell your friend that her/his SO is dying?

0|0
8|5

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that should be between the two of them.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, there's no other solution... if you wouldn't, the person would see signs that things are going wrong and uncertainty is worse than getting bad news :-(
    It would be a difficult moment though... unfortunately.

1|0
    0|0
    • :( aww hmm i see yeah j guess they would be able to see signs :/ thank you for your comment

• No. I think that's called doctor patient confidential something and I wouldn't do that to a patient regardless of our relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that's a violation of trust with the patient. It's a deeply personal issue and it's for the SO to tell, not me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that would be up to the patient. As a doctor I would have to treat the information as confidential.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah, its my duty as a doctor to do so after all

1|0
    0|0
    • maybe i'd see if the good friend could tell them themselves first though

• :) i see so you are going to tell your friend about his or her so...(?)

And thank you for your comment toad :)

• With their permission :)

What Girls Said 7

• Oh my goodness meimei 😰 where do you come up with these questions? 🙈 I guess I wouldn't say anything. It's for the patient to tell my best friend about that. I don't think it would be right to leak out any sort of private information like that, even though I am friends.

I like to keep work apart from personal life ☺️

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol i was just watching lame 70s Korean tv show 🙈🙊

• Show All
    • It is a sad romance drama, old Korean drama usually have a story about a girl who is suffer from a horrible illness and main actor somehow saves her lol o_o 😂😂

• Haha oh that sounds about right 🙈

• i would tell
    they would need to hear it from me

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd tell them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not if it goes against doctor patient confidentiality. If they wanted their SO to know, they would have already told them.

1|0
    0|0
  • only with the patient's permission

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, though I'd give their SO the chance to tell them first, I think they'd deserve to know.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Doctor patient confidentially trumps everything.

0|0
    0|0