Is it weird I still sleep with a teddy bear?

I've had this teddy bear since elementary and before. I was abused as a child and I never had a lot of friends, so I always clung to it when I felt lonely.

im no longer living with my abuser, but I still feel like I need it? It makes me feel less lonely.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is cute. I can also understand why you feel like you need it. In the past it has been like your favourite teddy that has always been there for you when you needed it the most kind of thing. It has been your comfort and now you feel like you still need the teddy because it has kind of become your friend kind of thing and that is why it makes you feel less lonely. It is the feeling of it against your body at night that also helps you feel less lonely. I can totally understand, it is not weird at all. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• people should never make fun of people who sleep with a teddy bear, not all of us have humans to cuddle at night ><

What Guys Said 12

• Doesn't matter. You aren't hurting anyone. Lots of adults have rituals that help them sleep. Some hug a big pillow. You have a bear. It's fine. Some people will find it very cute. Forget the rest.

• Its not weird at all and pretty logical.
    I have a dipsy pluche toy to sleep with lololol and not afraid to hide it

• Ah!!! That's why set your username Dipsy!!! Hehe :)

• Lol, use it as your background on your phone/pc ;P :P
      Yes i held him at his antenna lol.
      I posted his picture on gag earlier too, a few months ago, but i got mixed reactions lol. Some found him scary, but it seems you find him far from scary lolol

• @Genie23 dang, forgot to mention you again lol

• By the technical definition of the word (essentially just that not very many people do that), yes. But who cares? Just that other people don't doesn't make oneiota of difference to you, does it?

• I actually think that's kind of cute.

• Whatever makes you feel safe is a good thing

• Do what you want

• Not at all weird for a girl to have a teddy bear even at your age

• Whatever gets you through the night

• Get over it, you are an adult. Stop acting like a child. Throw the teddy out of the house.

• Just sleeping... then ok

Apart from that... not ok :-)

• Yeah dude it's weird. I always have to wedge a pillow under my ribs to feel comfortable but not a teddy bear.

But hey if it makes you feel better then go for it.

• Nope, it's not weird

• Why would you think it is?

What Girls Said 9

• its not hurting anyone!! if having your teddy bear with you at bedtime makes you feel good then its perfectly fine

• I'm really sorry what you had to go through. No, it's NOT weird at all. It's not hurting anyone. My teddy isn't old, but I'm 23 and I still love sleeping with teddys!! XD

• Not weird at all, i sleep with a little doll, my brother gave to almost 14 years ago. It reminds me of him. I always have the doll in my bed and it does make me feel less lonely

• You didn't have to be anonymous for this lol I sleep with mine too although it's old and worn out

• Sometimes I take my very old teddy bear in bed and talk to him. It makes feel good, he never disloses my secrets.

• It's not weird at all. I wish I had a teddy bear to sleep with :(

• I'm gona admit tho i dont sleep with them i just love stuffed animals and plush toys! <3

• Do you know no matter how old you are you have a bear in your bed if you want.

BUT what I think you should do is put your trusty old bear away now. Buy a nice box and some tissue paper and pack him away. It may help you to heal from this terrible experience.

THEN go out and buy yourself a lovely new bear. Then when you feel lonely your new bear is there.

EVerytime you are lonely and get have your old bear there it is bringing up past memories and hurt.

Let the new bear be your comfort and hope for the future!

Don't listen to people telling you to grow up!
    Lots of adults WAY older have bears on their bed!

You don't need to share with people you hug him when your lonely.

• Not at all. If it brings you comfort and it makes you feel secure then why shouldn't you sleep with it. Some people turn to a life of crime, drugs or alcohol in the hope that they will feel less lonely , which always fails.

Your teddy is like you safety net , we all have a safety net, we just don't all have the same type of ' net' .