Why people are so quick to judge without thinking a little bit deeper first?

For xample yesterday there was a gal who said in her profile she’s 18-24, and she mentioned she has 2 kids aged 15 and 17. Question was kinda controversial indeed.

Many people called her a “troll”, without thinkin beforehand she might’ve chosen wrong age. And after I asked her she told me she chose wrong age indeed, but she did it on purpose for her own reasons. I respect it.

It was disappointin though seein so many people actin like this :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I notice on this site that people that are over a certain age 40+ will make their age range a lot younger.
    People that are under a certain age 18, will make their age older.

When you feel you are too old, you're always trying to rewind time.
    When you feel you are too young, you're always trying to find a healthy balance.

I think people on this site that are 18 to the under 40 age range feel comfortable with showing their age.

(Of course this isn't a generalization and doesn't apply to EVERYONE, but this is based on my observation of the people I see usually selecting ages different from their own).

• I meant when you feel you are too young you're always trying to fast forward time.
      There only healthy balance on this site, pretty much is between those ages. (Where people feel contentment).

• Aw thankies <3

• :)

.

What Girls Said 4

• It's human nature to make snap judgements, it helped us survive over the years. Also, part of the example you mentioned is probably due to the fact that a lot of people like to attack others because it makes them feel like they're better.

• " lot of people like to attack others because it makes them feel like they're better."

^if only this wouldn't xist... :(

• She lied about her age to look young here. Made her look like a troll.

• you should be disappointed
    this is how most people are. supeficial and judgmental

• I chose the wrong age lol but mainly because people are DUMB HEADS.

What Guys Said 9

• Just imagine the internet is a bar.. some people are a little buzzed while others are full on black out.

In a black out, people just verbal diarrhea their words w/o much thought while others are looser but can still deliver a tactful response.

Some GAG users respond w/o much thought as there's no accountability or flack for their insensitivity or black/white response.

Making things worst.. people can respond anonymously which opens the door for even more crude responses.

but hey it's the internet. If users were held accountable for their responses.. we'd be able to re-create 7% of the humility we do in real life interaction.

• I think it is the era we live in that people expect the worst on the internet - How often do we see the validate your profile questions, any pretty girl is automatically is a catfish - The site is so age orientated that it takes away the option of putting 98 or 99 in if you don't want to reveal your age because that means if you go anon you are 45+ and your answers are viewed a different way. I was on another forum where putting 99 was the accepted way of not revealing your age and it worked quite well.

• i wonder though... if a person's ACTUALLY 98-99... would they believe him/her? kinda hard to happen... but not impossible i guess!

• Yeah, it's weird. It's almost like the majority of the GAG community is dumb or something.

• I don't judge anyone who wants to use a different age than their real age
    that is preference not of mine but myself... I don't have any reason to let people live
    a lie about me or be deceived people in any way that's why i like to state the truth
    about myself ,

• Boulder be choosing the wrong age, if you're going to ask a question like that, makes me think they're not taking the site seriously

• she had reasons she did it actually

• Most people just aren't that bright...

• Internet. That's how the internet is.

• I remember that one. I said the same thing on the post. Anyone could put up a false age

• having children at age 1-7 twice should people just accept that