What is your views on suicide?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Think about this:
    If you bite the bullet, you have a chance that things go better.
    If you kill yourself, you void ALL possibilities of things going better thus you throw away that possibility.

The problem which drives you mad will seem futile in 10 years but suicide is forever: it's a long term 'solution' to a short term problem.
    In finance that's called a mismatch. Like paying a house using your credit cards or taking a mortgaged loan to buy a new computer.

• Really well said 👍🏻

• Same here
      Yet kids will claim it's courageous and that nonsense as they have no experience with it.

• The day I'm really suffering and the doctors tell me they can't cure me, I'll do it or have it done. My euthanasia papers are signed by 4 persons and filed with an organization I trust..

What Girls Said 15

• I think it's terrible and it's so sad that some people feel that suicide is their only way out. I think that people who feel suicidal are also misunderstood by other people. More awareness needs to be brought to the issue of suicide and how to help or reach out to suicidal people. Sometimes it just takes one caring person to change the mindset of someone else and help them see the things that they have to live for.

• It solves nothing. It denies that person the opportunity to see things get better. It is cowardly and selfish... but I understand that it is associated with a lot of mental illness and hurt. I advise anybody who suffers from suicidal thoughts to fight and help themselves by getting help - there is ALWAYS help, we often tell ourselves there isn't but there is. There are phone lines. There are teachers. Counselors, people on the streets who would call up the authorities - whatever you needed to get you help. But depression will tell you that there's no way. There's a way. Never turn to suicide.

• When you want to leave the party, why stay for others.
    Your life = your own exit plan

• I'm suprised that so many people are so open and honest about supporting suicide that I can help but join the bandwagon. Note: it shouldn't be used as an act of desperation to escape a hard place in life since a person can get much stronger and grow from hard experiences in life and should never be done too soon in a person's life for them to actually start living, but people do have the right to do with what they want with their body and personally I would prefer to die on my own terms many decades from now happily and peacefully after my closest loved ones have already passed away or we've made a peaceful disconnect and I've tied off as many loose ends as I can.

• I hope one day I'm courageous enough to euthanize myself. We all have to go at some point, and I'd prefer to go on own terms. I have a friend who's attempted several times, it's emotional, but at the end of the day it's her life and if no longer waking up everyday would make her happier, then at least she's at peace. It must be difficult to be at war with your own mind.

• I don't think you should be allowed to kill yourself unless you are very old and have already lived out most of your days.

• It's a thing that happens, obviously.

I'd prefer that no one feel hopeless and worthless enough to commit suicide because there are enough mental health resources and prevention methods, but that's just not the case. I view such people with compassion.

• The fact that this world is in such a horrific condition that anyone would want to kill themselves is a better topic to talk about. That is the root of the problem.

• It's always sad of course, but I think it shouldn't be looked down upon. It's not an easy choice to make. Everyone owns themselves, so it is a valid choice to make.

• It makes me sad people die of depression

• I think you can't stop people from committing, but more should be done to prevent

• I've seen about three questions regarding suicide today. What's up with that?

• It disappoints me. I don't really feel comfortable with how socially accepted it's becoming. The rate of suicides has been increasing over the years when in reality it should be going down.

• I don't want people to commit suicide.
    I know how it feels when you are severely depressed and the idea of ending it all by killing oneself seems to or might give a little relief but I just don't support it.

• It's selfish and unnecessary... Sad, confusing, unfortunate...

• How is it selfish? Its a completely other mindset... i know, because i was on the edge of committing suicide (didnt actually try (thank god))

• Bc it hurts everybody around u.

• @mumborico it is selfish since it is the ultimate stab in the back to others.

What Guys Said 17

• I will admit it: I've been suicidal, still am but not nearly as bad as I was years ago, and can say I've attempted suicide. To be quite honest, when you're depressed and nothing and nobody seems to help, medications, therapy, family, and friends, it seems like that's the only way out. I now know it would have solved nothing but passed the pain onto someone else, but honestly people don't realize how bad someone may need help and beg for it and pass it off as a phase. I literally told my mother and grandmother, "I have depression, the medication works, why can't you get it refilled?" and they've told me to grow out of my dependency, which just made everything worse and worse.

Honestly, I think people should find out what the root of the problem is to make someone thing suicide is the way out and start from there. I mean people attempt suicide for multiple reasons, mine were simply my own family telling me how I am a disgrace for being homosexual, at the time, and then coming out as transgender. While it doesn't hurt me anymore, it hurt me to my core previously and I really considered suicide so I can just stop being a parasitic worm to them, because I'm not just gonna be able to stop being who I am.

I also think it comes from just that. People striving so hard to be something their not, because stress can really do things to a persons mind. And at the time, I was 13. A lot of stress to a 13 y/o can really do some damage I've found out, and people neglect to notice that just because they're young and not paying bills doesn't mean a kid can't get stressed out as well and they pass off obvious signs of a bigger problem as a "kid overreacting".

As for adults, well you're supposed to be able to handle it. So it's passed off as a mid-life crisis and nothing of importance.

Honestly, it's a touchy subject, but if people try to get to the root of the problem and not just tell the person their idiots, which DOESN'T FUCKING HELP, maybe we can see a bad thing such as suicide lower in numbers. But until then, this is just gonna be something we might as well get used to. It's harsh, I know. But nobody wants to actually get to the problem affected the person, rather tell the person how stupid their being and how wrong it is. Of course we know it's wrong, how about you help figure out why we think what we're thinking is a good idea, not how to make sure we don't and just remove possible objects.

• From the roof.

• The people who are contemplating it should seek help. There are many resources at their disposal such as a Suicide prevention helpline. If however the person has an extreme medical condition or has a life sentence in prison and wishes to end their life than the euthanasia should be made available after consultation with a physician.

• I just really hope that no one will ever reach the level of sadness, depression and defeat to a point where they decide to take their own life.

• It's a scary feeling wanting to end your life. Really scary.

• Okay in extreme cases like terminal illnesses.

As someone who has been suicidal via depression before, I have no right to judge suicidal people because I've gone through it myself, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Its sad )))

• I think that if you resort to suicide that you are weak and that you are a coward because in the end you should live on or die trying... I am Catholic and Republican but regardless of my religion or political views I think it's not only selfish but as I said before cowardly and weak because your running instead of fighting. As one of my friends said (non Catholic btw) suicide is mother earth's way of thinning out the weak of the world

• Our escape ticket, if everything had gone shit in your life.

• It's often employed as a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Assisted suicide should be legal under certain circumstances though.

• Suicide is a crime and it proves that you are a weak one and not able to face problems

• Its Sad !!!

• A permanent solution for a temporary problem.
    Many people get it confused with euthanasia too.

• I wouldn't criticize it if someone came to that decision, their life must be really bad and they decided they can't go on even though life is precious.

• Most people of think things and make things seem worse than they are and feel that life us nothing but 100% negative. I say they weak because they think life is hard and want to stop trying.

• For me, it's inevitable.

• I think it shouldn't be condemned because people have had such a shit time they wanna end it, it takes guts to end it and it's not cowardly.

• It doesn't take guts to end it at all, anyone can pull a trigger or swallow some pills.
      What takes guts and courage is carrying on not knowing if tomorrow will be better or worse.. but doing it anyway.

• Cambridgeshire? O_o
      Was that supposed to mean something? Or are you having some form of aneurysm?

• @Creative_Catbug I agree with you

• I think it should be up to the person. Yes it's sad I know but since when is it anyone's right to tell someone if they're allowed to die or not?