Girls, What draws you to a person, their personality or ethnicity?

Do you specifically go for someone because they are a different ethnicity then you or is personality and psychical attraction always the main factor?

I like girls of all backgrounds and most appearences but a crappy attitude won't score them a date with me.

I feel like some people just go for a person based on their ethnic background and appearence alone without trying to see if they have a good personality to go with it.

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey :)
    So my dream guy would be tanned with darker hair and light eyes B-U-T I find myself attracted to other kinds of men. Just like guys can say they love blondes and have a brunette girlfriend, I recognize a type I find attractive but I'd totally be ok if I wound up with a guy who was the complete opposite.
    I think when I get to know a guy he becomes better looking over time... I've met guys who I didn't think much of how they look, I mean, they were decent, healthy looking men and as we became friends and they suddenly became very handsome to me. Although it's important there's some sort of initial physical attraction, you can't go by personality alone... People with awesome personalities just automatically become more attractive. And obviously if someone has a bad personality it doesn't matter if he's the hottest guy on the planet, I wouldn't be able to stand him.
    I guess the flaw with that is to get to know someone's personality takes time and some people may not have the patience or be willing to give that person a chance.
    Regarding ethnicity I don't have a preference really... There's a lot of ethnicity s I haven't come across so I would be ignorant to have a preference.
    :)

What Girls Said 17

• Personality is what makes me more drawn to a member of the opposite sex. At the end of the day, ethnicity can only take the bond and connection so far. Ethnicity doesn't really matter if you're still dealing with an untrustworthy, lying, shady jerk, now does it? Certain ethnicities can be fun or interesting to date if the guy is in synch with his cultural traditions and customers for the simple fact that exploring those things with an "insider" is intriguing! AND I'm a sumo wrestler trapped in a skinny girl's body who likes trying new foods. But other than that, meh... walking around selecting guys based off of their ethnicity will probably just get your heart broken or make a fool out of you.

• I never made it a habit to meet guys online, so whenever I met someone obviously what I saw is what made me attracted to them first, before I even knew what the personality was. So I'm going to say looks, which includes the ethnicity - then afterward the personality.

• Their personality is what draws me in. I appreciate religious men of all races and ethnicities.

• Personality of course. We've all met those super magnetic person everyone is drawn to

• Honestly I personally go for personality. If I like the personality I like him. it doesn't matter to me, if I like someone its for them. Idc about where they're from or their ethnic background. I only care about our relationship and how we can grow as an couple. Like i'm not dating their race or their beliefs i'm dating him.

• never noted the ethnic thing myself... If the guy's attractive, he's attractive. Good personally mean's he's even more attractive

• Uhhhh personality obviously... wtf?

• Their personality. I don't care about ethnicity.

• Their voice, I'm not even joking...

• their looks, voice and mannerisms

• I'm going to be honest. The First thing that attracts me most or the time is the person's race... However, if overtime, I can get to know their personality, then my attraction e could get surgery or weaker regardless of their race.

• All about personality first. if they have a shity personality they don't get a chance.

• While I do have a preference for darker skinned guys, if a guy is intelligent that really gets me going (especially given that I am sapiosexual) :)

• I won't lie, what draws me is the physical attraction. If I like the way they look, I will be interested in getting to know them.
    As for the ethnicity, I have to be honest, I find myself more attracted to white guys. And it's not like I don't find guys from other races attractive, is just that for some reason I'm into white guys. I can't help it.

• Eyes <3 I love Germans :( I dont know why.

• None. It just depends on what common interests we will have together.

• I think personality is honestly the most important, but... their physical appearance may be what piqued my attention in the first place