Girls, your kid was telling a joke, His friends told him "you are not funny" would you defend your kid?

• Yes
    46% (24)
  • No
    54% (28)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would I feel the need to defend my kid?

His friends are just being real.
    If they don't find him funny... they don't find him funny.
    What could I possibly do to change their perspective on that?

It's not like they are name calling him or beating him up.

What Girls Said 18

• If the joke wasn't funny then it wasn't funny. If the kids were being brats, then it depends on their ages and the seriousness of the situation. Are they just letting him know that being a comedian isn't a good future career for him or are they trying to bully him.

• With this again.

No. My child is quite capable of defending herself. Just like a grown man can defend himself from some chick telling him he isn't funny.

Defending my child from words will turn her into a whiny adult who expects others to defend them against words.

• I wouldn't get mad at his friends or something like that but I would go like "Oh, come on, that was just a bad joke XD my kid is funny, go on honey, say something funny".
    But I doubt that my kid wouldn't be funny because his/her father or mother needs to be funny as hell otherwise I won't marry that person.
    by the way, I'm bi.

• ... Don't nobody diss my baby. Assuming he's a child, once he's old enough mommy isn't fighting his battles for him.

• I would tell any kid whether they are talking to my kid or it is my kid being rude that they shouldn't be rude.

• No. I can't defend my kid whenever anyone is mean to him. That is life.

• Nope. My kids can stand up for themselves. Privately I'd pull my kids aside and talk about appropriate ettique and how to treat others with kindness. Good teaching moment.

• Depends, if the kid is over 8 years old and was being immature, rude, and inappropriate then no cuz my friends would just be helping me discipline him LOL
    If he was innocently trying to tell a joke and my friends were being jerks (which they wouldn't to a kid anyway) then I would of course.

• I voted yes but I read the question wrong. I thought you were asking if one of our friends told my kid he wasn't funny... I wouldn't feel the need to defend my kid. He would be able to suck it up and not get too hurt by it. So some of his friends didn't like his joke, big deal. It won't bring him down

• Character building.

• No need to get involved in something like that as a parent. I can advise him about how to deal with things but I won't step in to defend him every time anyone says something that midly upset him.

Plus, maybe his joke wasn't funny

• If it was his friend than it wouldn't matter. I tell my friend your joke sucked then we laughed at how stupid it sounded.

Don't be that parent that won't let their kid handle their own probelms. Everyone hates that mom.

• I would defend my kid, BUT! I would tell him that he's not funny but needs to work on being funny. I would tell him the truth but help him become better.

• No I wouldn't defend my kid, his friend was just being honest

• I can't defend my kid for all his life... he'll just grow up whiney

• Nope, my kid won't be a coward, he can speak for himself.

• yes i would, no one takes the shit out my kid

• No one thought chris rocks jokes were funny as a kid... look at him now