Girls, Do you think it would have been better to be born a guy?

Just curious if any girls think it would have been better to be born a guy rather than a girl? And why would you rather be a guy? ===BESIDES the whole not having periods reason=== Why do you think it would be better being a guy?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I grew up sort of Tom-Boyish, my Mom wanted a girly-girl, so I always got the Girls don't do this,,, girls don't do that,,, she was totally mortified when she caught me standing up to pee just like my brothers, no one ever taught me that I just figured it out on my own after seeing my brothers hose down the landscape. Made perfect sense to a five or six year old me!

I'm glad I'm a girl, my Mom finally got her Girly-Girl, I know how to play sports like the guys, I can change my own oil or tires without being intimidated, but if a guy offered to help with either I wouldn't turn him down. My husband loves the fact that I can keep right up with him, that I'm competitive, yet soft girly and cuddly when the time comes. Nope I wouldn't trade being a Girl for anything, I've worked too hard at growing to love it to change! = ]

What Girls Said 11

• Okay, I totally agree with the post about all the ways in which society is still sexist, but I think most of those cut both ways. e. g. Men get paid more for the same jobs and more to the point, the jobs that are traditionally "men's work" pay more than jobs that are traditionally "women's work." On the other hand, I have a number of male friends who have felt obliged to choose a better paying career because what they really wanted to do was "impractical" and NONE of my female friends, even the ones who're single parents without child support from the fathers, have made the same choice.
    My period has never bothered me any more than having to go to the bathroom or having to breathe has bothered me - it's just how my body works and it's fine.
    So I'd rather be a women for three reasons: it's all I know and I'm pretty happy, I'm in love with a heterosexual man and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be with me if I were a guy, and that thing where guys are discouraged from freely expressing their feelings seems more oppressive (and likely the primary reason we outlive men) than any of the stupid sexism I have to endure.

• Wait... did a 46 year old women just say, "totally agree"? Ok, now this is important stuff right here... No but seriously, my question kinda took a wrong turn for a brief moment towards gender equality, not that there was anything wrong with that, and @oldlady , you actually made a good point there, and thank you. Having a heterosexual life partner has now brought up many questions to my mind that i am unsure i want answers too. And I believe the real reason that women tend to live longer, is because testosterone is actually a poison to the body. Google it.

• Totally! ;-)
      I think everything is a poison in high enough doses, isn't it? But with the naturally occurring stuff, it's a trade off. High testosterone will kill off your hair follicles, but save you from lung cancer. Personally, I might be willing to trade a little time off the end of my life for the muscle-building advantages: my boyfriend has far bigger muscles than me despite never doing anything more strenuous than raising a beer; I lift heavy three days a week. Not fair. Then again, I do like having all my hair.

• When I was a kid, I wanted to be a man, because it grated on my nerves when my family told me stuff like 'Girls keep their room tidy' 'Girls don't go out all the time, and come home early' 'Girls don't climb in trees' 'Girls don't fight' 'Girls should learn how to cook and how to clean' 'You behave like a boy' etc

Now I'm proud of being a woman and I wouldn't change it.

• i think that until some changes occur, men have many privileges that women dont right now (being able to sleep with many women and usually be judged less harshly, getting more job opportunities not to mention higher wages for the same job a women might occupy, ability to go to school and receive an education in third world countries where schooling is scarce, taken more seriously and generally respected more by the mass of society and are less likely to be seen solely as a sex symbol along side other reasons) not to say that men dont have issues, because of COURSE they do, and society seems to really forget that, i mean, there's the whole masculinity thing you have to supossedly live up to, the fact that they get so much less sympathy not to mention validity in the face of sexual or verbal or physical assault, etc, but at the moment, women as a whole are still undermined more, so many women might say they would rather have been born as a man. but i feel that i would stay a women even if i had the choice. i feel mutual respect from both genders is an important and necessary thing, and i will demand respect regardless of what i wear, or what activities i wish to partake in. but i do see the appeal to being born as a guy. like it or not, it would make things easier as a whole (of course men dont have it easy, not at all, see previous statements) but society is harsher on women, and thats just a fact.

• I am a feminist myself, and i just absolutely loved every single word that i read just now. You are amazing.

• thank you so much, im glad you took my opinion seriously, it means a lot :)

• Oh yes, i take every bit of it seriously, and i agree 100% with you. Both genders have their issues, but girls are still treated as the more inferior gender in society and are treated more unfairly to men (mens privileges you mentioned). I applaud you for demanding respect. Mutual respect from both parties is necessary, and equality among men, and for all the girls specifically, would seriously make thing so mich better for everyone.

• I don't know. Guys have it pretty hard but girls do too. I think its a question of being born as WHICH guy and being born as WHICH girl.

• Hmmm... true. I guess i mean born as the other gender to the same mom, so life growing up is the same but just as a guy

• I think my life would be pretty much the same if I had the same parents.

• There's only one situation that makes me kinda want to be a guy and that's when I have to pee in a public bathroom...

• It could bulk and eat and repeat and skip the dreaded treadmill
    (don't burst my bubble and tell me im delusional!)

• i could cop being average or ugly looking being interested in cars and surfing... and be single forever.

Being a female is huge pressure.

• No I would not want to be a guy.
    I used to feel like Oh god why made me a girl... Why couldnt I be born as a boy?
    But now I think I like being a girl :D Benefits.

• I don't blame you, i bet being a girl is a lot better. (Benefits) <--- so very true. And i really fucking hate the two vulnerable dangling things between my legs. They do nothing but get hurt all the time.

• You are absolutely 100% correct, our world would be ruined without the presence of girls and their influence on the world. Girls are a blessing from God to our world, and I thank you for being a part of what keeps men and the Earth in balance.

• :) thats cute. Danke.

• You could pee standing xd
    You could be without t-shirt
    You don't have to use bra
    I don't know,.
    But I wouldn't rather be a guy.
    Jajajaja

• Oh damn... This story has a huge twist at the end

• Girls can pee standing, just got to learn how, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. (Look it up if you don't believe it.) sure beats sitting on nasty public toilets to pee, ick!

• I will boy a cone for pee standing hajhahahaha

• Well, I do when I am on my period because.. y'know.

Other than that yes, I do so many things typically boys do so I wouldn't be any different other than looks if I was a guy.

• not having to give birth