Moderators: what do you like about being a mod?

what don't you like?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like trying to make this place a but friendlier. There's way too much negativity and hateful things here. And if I can keep it to a minimum if only for a few hours then I'm ok with that.

What Guys Said 14

• The things I like :- www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9976-a-look-into-moderation

The things I hate :-
    ● Jealous people (even if they're mod!)
    ● Naive admins (not all)

• I like being able to remove inappropriate items quickly so others don't have to be subjected to it. What I don't like is how some users think mods remove items for personal reasons or because we don't like them. Well at least I don't remove for those reasons.

• yes I agree with you, some people think some of the mods have something against them, I don't remove things for those reasons either

• This is where I'm at too. I think people forget that we're not the ones who actually remove things we just *suggest* to the admins that something is breaking the rules.

• Right!! @BellePepper it's the admins who agree it shouldn't be on the site.

• I think some of mods here really should not be mods.

• I like to be able to help people with questions about the site.
    I like to be able to hide posts that are not supposed to be here, especially those that are offensive or racist.
    I don't like to be seen as a "police officer of the site"... I'm not here to bother people by hiding their posts. The post must be really "wrong wrong" before I'll hide it.

• 1|0
  • Most people know I was a mod for about a week and didn't like it resigning after about a week. Even before becoming a mod I tried to be as helpful as possible to newbies and report offensive stuff.
    thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...saluting-30280322.jpg
    What happened :-
    (1) It raised my profile a lot which I wasn't sure about - I want to be known ( can't be as active as me without getting known )

• Phone again submitted comment before I finished - * but not well known which was different, I wanted to fly under radar on here keep a low or profile.
      (2) I felt under pressure with the removal of the 15 min Xper and the fact I stay away from mainly from sex/dating questions meant I mainly stayed in the archives of general topics rather than recent feeds which meant I rarely found stuff to hide not sure I would hit 10 a month.
      (3) I did feel that some of the removal policies were inconsistent
      (4) While honoured to be asked to be a mod I felt I could do same thing on outside just without pressure of having a label attached.

• I like being able to contribute to this site to make it a better overall internet town to be in... although this internet town is becoming more metropolitan with each passing upgrade. :-P

• I like being able to actually hide stuff, as opposed to just reporting. Maybe someday I can hide questions? ;-)

• Not being a mod lol.

• I like not being a mod, can report offensive stuff with out all the drama/pressure.

• I just like reporting people. oh wait i'm not a mod.

• I didn't know TC was a U-mod.

• I'm not a moderator

• I think they like snooping people's profiles.

What Girls Said 5

• I just feel so fucking honored that I got chosen to be one, I appreciate it so much, makes me feel like I'm actually useful here and I'm doing something right lol

• I like that I'm able to help the admin and can help clean up the website. It's actually fun for me.

• I'm not a mod... But, I just wanted to say hi ;p lol <3

• I wouldn't have time to be one, i am only on Gag once a week. I have a full life. A mod i spoke to acted like they were some sort of authoritative figure in the KGB , he was real weird to say the least and creepy

• STITCH!!! Ohana, means family *in stitch voice* :D