Would you stay at a job that you hated and dont like any of the people you work with?

I dont really like this place I work at part time and every time I come there I get bad vibes from some people that doesn't even really know me or have never talked to me. It's a few people that I really like & get along with but then there's others that just irritate me because they give ne bad vibes. Which makes it harder to go there. What should I do? I have another job I work at part time too that I really like and know mostly everyone there. I've also been there the longest.

• Quit
  • Keep going

Most Helpful Guy

• This question is like, hand tailored for me. I've been working at a job that, while educational, is pretty much a dead-end. I wasn't fulfilling my dream of having a specialized set of skills and my own company.

I realized that if I stayed in this job forever, nothing would ever change. Nothing would get better, or worse. And to me, that's hell. I need progress, I need to know that my work is reaching towards something higher.

So I saved up enough money to pay for my mortgage for about 5 months, and I decided to jump into a 3 month Web Developer Bootcamp, if I can't find a job after the 3 month bootcamp, I'm pretty much dead in the water. I've forced myself into a sink or swim situation. This may seem incredibly stupid to some people (and they sure as hell ain't wrong), but there comes a time where everyone has to put all their chips down and take a chance.

I always did hate mediocrity and complacency.

• Glad im not alone 😕😩

• @SilenRose

The freelancing sounds like a good idea, thanks Silen, I'll look into those ideas.

• @kambo_trick3y Your welcome. I got the idea from my cousin. He learned programming on his own and does freelance work. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is too short to stay at a job your that unhappy with. If you have no goals for this job then quit. But if you do, for example, if you need the extra money right now to pay off a car loan and only need to stay at the job for a short while longer then stick it out. If you really don't need this job, then leave it ASAP. There are plenty other jobs out there you can get that will make you happier. It may take some time but u will eventually find something. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 8

• depends where im at in life, if im in a shithole then I'll really have to consider my options, do I think I can find work elsewhere that will be better for my health or not?

• You gave no reason to actually work there so the choice seems pretty obvious me. Looks to me like you have nothing to lose by not working there so what's the question?

• Until you can line up something better full-time or better paying, stay with it. Once you do that, however, get out of there!

• I am doing that now, Walmart sucks

• You need to figure out what you're getting out of this job and/or whether things will change for the better or not. For example: are you learning anything important that will help your career later? Do you need the money from this job now? Do you need a good reference from someone? You get the idea. If there aren't strong reasons to stay, AND if there isn't a sign that something will improve soon, then you should go.

• Search for another job darling

• My work to me is 8 important hours of my everyday life. It feeds me, keeps me sheltered and clothed, and pays for my lifestyle. BUT it is not the most important part of my life.

As long as the pay is good and i'm doing something i'm actually competent at, i'd stay. If some co-workers don't want to be buddies with me, i'm fine with it. I've enough buddies at home. If they start to disturb my work i'd complain to HR. If we're in a team together and they refuse to cooperate, i'll take it to the boss. If all that hassle is not worth the money, i leave. What's important is my logsheet. Everything i do is recorded in it and i get endorsements whenever i can.

I may sound like a mercenary but i'm not. I do smile.

... sometimes.

• I'll say keep going until you have found a new job, then quit.

• I have another one that I love

• This place makes me sick to even think about going to. Mainly because of the people that works there

• If you can do with only one job for a while, then quit, else find another job first.

What Girls Said 7

• I think it would depend on my circumstances. If that was the only job I had with no possibility of getting a better job then I would stay. I job I dislike is honestly better than no job at all. Of course, I would probably try to find something better though.

For your individual situation, if you have another job that you like more, then I don't think you have to stay at this job that makes you feel bad. Of course, it also depends on your financial situation and if you can afford giving up one job and then just having one part-time job. You could always quit the job you hate, keep working at your other job while looking for something else though. It's ultimately up to you and what you think would be best for yourself.

• How good is the money?

• It's decent but not worth the feeling I have when Im there. I hate everyone there almost

• Depends on the work that I'm doing, I can suffer through a part time job as long as they pay me fairly, let me work with my schedule, and generally don't ask me for much. I learned a long time ago not to let coworkers get to you... You really don't want to get to now your coworkers to be honest with you.

• My sister has given me a very helpful tip a couple of weeks ago: If you don't like a job? Quit. Especially since your young so they can't really force you to stay there with a contract.

I've worked at a really famous fastfood restaurant for like a week and I'm gonna tell them I quit tomorrow and start my new job at a lunchroom on Thursday. I'm in the same situation at my first job as you are and I'm DAMN glad to get out of there.

• Quit, in like a second. But if I don't have money or some other job then wait.

• No I would find something which I liked more then quit the job you don't like.

• I'd quit. Right now I'm saving up money to work on a side project. Praying it works out.