Sports people of history: who remembers Pat Cash?

I was talking to a guy younger than me who said he'd never heard of Pat Cash.
At first I thought it was a generational thing but then I realised that unless you're Australian you probably never heard of him and then I realised even then you may not have heard of him.

He was an alright player and did win 1 grand slam tournament but he was never a best of his generation type player like a Newcombe, a Mcenroe or a Federer but he was the kind of guy who stood out because of something unique. That unique thing was his black and white checkered head band.
So have you heard of Pat Cash?

• Of course I've heard of Pat Cash
  • Never heard of him
  • I didn't recognise the name but when I saw the picture I remembered him
Thought more people would remember him

Most Helpful Girl

• I remembered him. The last i've heard in the tabloids is that he was with an Asian lady. I don't know much else about him. :P

• Really? I didn't know that and I know heaps about him. I've read his book even.
      Can't remember what it's called though.

But I remember he had a band with John McEnroe called full metal racquet instead of full metal jacket.
      Hilarious hey. Tennis humour.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, he did the tennis commentary on British TV for years, so he's pretty well known here. I believe his main claim to fame was being the first player to climb up into the crowd to find his family when he won Wimbledon (now they all do it).

• Nice. Well done on being the only answerer to by the way. It's looking pretty good for you at the moment as far as MHO goes

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0