GAGers! what's your opinion about catfish?

title says it all!! what are your thoughts about catfish?

let me put it clear!!! i'm not talking about the fish itself lol am talking about the virtual catfish who uses fake pics to fool people online that's it!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Gag needs to have an option to flag people as catfish or fake accounts.

Most ASSfish are the same, they are virgin 14 year old losers who have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than go online and pretend to be girls. They are easy to spot because they; have an account which was just created and have instant followers which all seem to be flowing each other, they have a picture of a pretty girl as their user image which can be reverse google linked to some young amateur porn set, they ask ridiculously sexual questions, or unrealistic perverse story questions with to much detail, and/or try and get other young girls on here to message them in private.

Most Helpful Girl

• They used to tank cod from Alaska all the way to China. They’d keep them in vats in the ship. By the time the codfish reached China, the flesh was mush and tasteless. So this guy came up with the idea that if you put these cods in these big vats, put some catfish in with them and the catfish will keep the cod agile. And there are those people who are catfish in life. And they keep you on your toes. They keep you guessing, they keep you thinking, they keep you fresh. And I thank god for the catfish because we would be droll, boring and dull if we didn't have somebody nipping at our fin. - Aisha Harris

That's one way to look at it. I'm not sure I agree. I used to hunt them, when I first learnt how to do it, but now they just bore me. They are hardly original anymore.

What Guys Said 20

• As long as they're doing no harm
    I don't see the problem.

But if they do, it's emotional harrassment
    and that's not just a little rude.

But I'm not here for girls, so they
    don't really bother me.

• sad so sad... y they do it anyway? usin other person's pic just for yer personal fun's... it should be considered a crime in my opinion :(

• Catfish taste good if cooked right. Fried breaded catfish is delicious! Anddddd that isn't the catfish you're talking about! XD

• ooooh I don't mind, I think its funny when its obvious and they tell people to fuck off. hah!

• @GirlsLie i couldn't agree more lol

• @GirlsLie hahaa I do laugh at that! I just don't get why. they must feel somewhat shitty that a girl who isn't them is the one getting worshipped lol.

• Steam them, they taste yummy

• I always felt that dealing with catfish is like pissing in an ocean of piss. You wind up feeding some dudes spank fantasy and if you call them out on it then the bullshit ball starts rolling extra hard.

tl;dr fuck em

• That YOU are catfishing a zombie's identity :D

• That they're yumm yumm In my tummy tumm tumm :)

• I prefer crustacean. Snow crab legs = ... almost as good as Chicago pizza and hot dogs.

And as far as fish are concerned, in the immortal words of Ron Swanson, "Fish. For sport ONLY! Fish meat is practically a vegetable?

• It's delicious when fried. I also love hush puppies.

• I don't really care about them. I'll feed them to the forum cat.

• at least i am not a catfish :).

I find them funny.

• I love catfish. Especially on the grill. Even the little breaded catfish nuggets are good.

• They are real fighters in deep water. But they taste great! And LOVE power bait! We're talking about the same catfish, right?

• I don't care one way or the other I simply expect them and roll with it

• I don't like catfish, me tasted catfish and never will as I hate! The texture of most/all fish.

• I caught an albino catfish once. It's was awesome but I couldn't keep it. That was tragic...

• they are lonely and dont't want to find a way to keep them busy.

• i like it :D and i enjoy it :P

• I heard they're nice in a stew.

What Girls Said 11

• If it's harmless fantasy to escape reality and it isn't hurting anybody it should be fine... However if that's the case play a freaking RPG or something. So many people's feelings get hurt by cat fishing. I don't know why some people take it so far... Do they really expect a good outcome? I watched a few episodes of that show on MTV before I concluded a big "wow... People actually take this shit THAT FAR?" And it seems like the person on the other end would have talked to (some) of the people if they were honest to begin with anyway.

• I think they're fuckin c*ntz👍

• I think the show is hilarious ! Yes, we should be laughing but , some of those sketchy things each catfish does is so too obvious to fall for.

As for the fish as food, I don't like it. I actually don't like most fish anyway.

• I hate the real ones a lot and the virtual ones more.

• the virtual ones are way too common and seems like one of them downvoted you

• there will always be catfishes online and they will always be lurking around.

• I could personally never get involved with someone on line to a large enough degree to even care.

I'm pretty lenient when it comes to looks anyway, so not sure why someone would want to catfish me in the first place.

For the most part, I just think they're funny and I really fail to see how anyone gets tricked by them lol

• Catfish are stupid! If you have to be someone else to feel good about your self or you get some kind of kick out of messing with other, please just seek therapy :-)

• I think people can take the right steps to spot them and get rid of them if they are really alert. People catfish for different reasons. Sometimes it's for money, sometimes it's for boredom, or to secretly cheat on their wife/husband. I do feel bad for the people who are truly looking to find love and come across one of these types instead.

• I like the TV show.

• I don't care about them, and i don't get why people get obsessed about them on here.

• i know people are obsessed by them.. which is kinda sad

• Oh no, i wasn't talking about you lol! It's just weird that some people dileberately stalk people to prove their a catfish.

• I like catfish