Why do people do this to me at my school?

Like every time my friends introduce me to their friends, I say hi and be nice and they act like they don't want to say hey and act all rude to me. Also when I try to make new friends people usually don't like me and they make mean faces at me and I don't know why. Why do people do this to me at my school? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• They are being immature and lame, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Try and find your real friends, and stick with them. School can be tough.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why they are doing this to you but you are making friends with the wrong people.
    When you make friends with someone that is genuine they won't act that way.

If you have to say "Hi" to someone in order for them to acknowledge you , then they aren't your true friends.
    Real friends acknowledge you whether you say it first or not.
    When they do say it in return, it won't seem forced or like, (I'm only saying Hi back because you said it first, if otherwise I wouldn't have said anything).

I just think you need to start talking to different people.

What Guys Said 4

• You might be wearing too much makeup.

• I don't wear make up, lol

• It was a wild guess. I guess they are just full of themselves, then. You could also have issues if you seem like a goth or wear a hijab or something.

• Oh ok thanks :)

• Kids can just be jerks, I'm sure there's plenty of people who like you for who you are, u just haven't met all of them

• Just how kids are and some people in general, just keep being yourself, you'll find cool people.

• That happens to everyone.

Try this. When you get introduced, try to figure out who the "boss" of the group of friends is. Figure out what that person likes, thinks is funny, etc (observe the group to figure that out), then ingratiate yourself with that person. Once they "approve" of you, the others will fall in line and like you too.

(You can do that with any member of the group... but why not the boss?).

The basic idea is that people from closed circles, and if you want in, you have to get one of them to vouch for you.

Now, I will say this. Other people's approval means shit, and you'll be happier by not giving a Fuck about what others think or feel about you... chasing social status is generally a path to unhappiness. However, what I suggested is a useful skill to develop for situations you want to take advantage of, so why not get some practice?

What Girls Said 6

• Jealousy's one theory. This happens a lot, happened to me too. Just be alone but not in a weird loner way, in a way that makes you look like you don't need anyone else. If you end up in a social situation with someone who seems to be doing a similar thing, talk to them, you'll probably make a valuable friend.

This worked for me when I left the popular group at school, I didn't want to be associated with them and the things they did. After a couple of weeks, I met someone in the toilets of all places and started talking about piercings. I saw her around and since then we've literally saved each other's lives.

So, yeah, it's worth a shot.

• Thanks for the advice :)

• Don’t take it personally.

I know this is easier said than done. After all, how could you not take it personally, when it is happening to you? Look at it this way: It is happening to you, but it may not be about you.

It could be that the other person doesn’t know they are being rude. My friend’s father has a habit of not greeting a room when he walks into it. He enters a room, picks one person out and starts jabbering away as if all others don’t exist.

• From this, I can think that you aren't one of the "popular girls", because at your age, they only want to be friends with popular, model looking girls...
    You better don't give a sh*t about them, ok? ^_^

• everyone is different... maybe those person are immature or rude

• Its just cliquish behavior.

• They are mean... I hope everyone at your school isn't like that.

• I don't think everyone is like that :P