Which do you prefer: light text on a dark background or dark text on a light background?

I personally prefer light text/dark background. It's easier on my eyes.

• Light text/dark background
  • Dark text/light background
  • Doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Dark text, light background. A dark background will end up putting your mood down the more you stare at it, that's why they always tell you to never use a dark background in a presentation, so that your audience's eyes don't get tired.

• Hmmm. Interesting point. But I literally need to have a dark background. My eyes get tired quick with light backgrounds.

• Thanks for the MHO!! :)

• You're welcome! 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I am used to dark text on a light background, so that is what I chose. I have not experienced too many things or messed around with settings on things to change it and I think it would be weird for me at first, but I would probably get used to that over time and then start to prefer it that way.

What Guys Said 4

• I switch it up. But most of the time I am light background with dark text. I bet @Genie23 likes everything light because she is scared of dark things :P

• Umm, no :p lol. I like dark background with light text. You should have read my opinion ;p

• Awe thanks @CHARismatic110 you are always so nice :D

• As are you sir 😊

• I think dark text on light background is easier on the eye
    and I wish I had a kindle to read with so comfortable on the eyes

• I prefer light background, dark text.

• I have astigmatism so white surfaces can really hurt my eyes. So of course I prefer light text over a dark background.

What Girls Said 15

• Light backgrounds make my eyes hurt, however I don't particularly like white text on black because the contrast is too high. I like light beige text on charcoal or similar because it doesn't hurt my eyes.

• Oh yeah on my Nook the background is charcoal. It makes it so much more pleasant to read

• i like both but i have my moods. like for me it depends on the text.

• I need my text to be in black, if it's in white text and black background my eyes tends to hurt a lot, I'd feel strained easily.

• Oh see I'm the opposite. I'm still searching for a way to change it on my phone.

• I have a book app on my tablet, and once out of pure fun I changed the background to charcoal-like colour and the wordings were white. I couldn't even bare to read for more than two lines 😣 But my eyes are easily strained naturally so sometimes I prefer the audio books when I'm too tired. :)

• I've only used audio when reading once before and that was when I was reading my bible. I got tired of trying pronounce the words lol.

• I like both but I use dark background/light text during the night only cause my sister complains she can't go to sleep because of the brightness of my kindle screen

• Light text on a dark background tends to make my eyes feel strained faster :-)

• Interesting. I guess everyone sees differently. My eyes get tired quicker with the lighter background.

• Dark background. This white background is not really easy on my eyes... It hurts my eyes -__-'

• Dark background. My eyes are sensitive to light.

• I find dark text on a lighter background easier to read.

• This question hurt my brain lol but probably light on dark background

• am I the only weirdo that doesn't care about the text/light background? :(

• I prefer a light text on a dark background.

• Dark text/ Light BG

• I like dark text and light background but I don't really care that much so I'm fine with either

• What is this question about? I'm not getting it? Where do you change the background?

• I meant in general lol. Do you like looking at a white or light background and black or dark writing, or a black or dark background and white or light text?

• I have this nice dark bg for my texts, I prefer it!