What are all the different types of smart?

There's book smart, street smart, business smart...

Can you think of any others?

And can someone define street smart for me?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Those aren't brain functions. Business smart is more a matter of focus and ruthlessness than smarts.

The distinct abilities which fall under the general heading 'smart' I've noticed are:

Perceptiveness
    Memory
    Abstract reasoning
    Spacial reasoning and perception
    Conceptualization
    Focus
    Objectivity
    Calculation, the ability to form chains of inferences

I could probably find a few more if I really took the time.

• I disagree with you that business doesn't take smarts. Ever try to start a billion dollar business? You would have to be smart on a wide range of subjects to be able to do that. It isn't necessarily ruthlessness. Maybe that plays a factor, but you can't force something down someone's throat if it's not a good product. Bill Gates isn't ruthless, is he? He made a good product. Is Warren Buffet ruthless? Is Donald Trump ruthless? Maybe. But he also knows his shit.

• how are they ruthless? can you explain to me exactly how Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are ruthless? I want to be like them.

• Okay I just googled it... Bill Gates is ruthless because he created a monopoly with his operating system... but you have to admit he has given billions of dollars to charity...