Have you ever been called gay/lesbian because of the way you dress, talk, act?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Apparently it's not masculine to have emotions

Most Helpful Girl

• People have asked me about it because I'm not hesitant to show my appreciation for a female. I've even had someone message me here and tell me to come out of the closet already lol. I guess being friendly and giving compliments equals being a lesbian.

What Guys Said 1

• Sort of.
    I was once called a good housewife because I like cleaning up.
    I'm also pretty sure I was called gay a few times for not having a girlfriend.

• Have you ever had a girlfriend?

• No, I ve never really done anything with a girl. Not because there's something wrong with me or because I'm secretly gay. I just don't really put myself there.

What Girls Said 7

• I've been called a lesbian before because there was a time I was simply single for more than two years, and people were scrambling to figure out why. LOL

I was also told once by a lesbian friend of mine that she thought I had a "bisexual look". What? I didn't even know there was such a look to be had! I'm not sure why, but what I do know is that people in general will say general stupid things from time to time based on nothing. I don't take offense to something like this, because I know what I look like and I know they're wrong. Besides, being assumed to be gay isn't the insult people think it is. Look at how many gays fool straight people because they don't follow the typical gay stereotype.

These days to look a certain way almost means nothing and often times people make fools of themselves because they feel they have to peg people when their sexual preference is none of their business to begin with. :)

• No, only because I've never had a boyfriend ><

• i went to class with two people who thought that me and my former best friend were a couple.. And one guy asked if i was gay just because i talked to a girl at a night club.. and yeah, i think thats about it

• I've been told I walk like a man lmao

• Nope... thank god.

• yes many times T-T

• Yes, people ask and assume I'm a lesbian because my sister was.

• Was?

• It's a long story but I'll sum it up as much as I can for you..

When I was in the 7th grade and my older sister was in the 9th grade she started dating girls. It wasn't until I was in the 8th grade that girls started asking me about her and if I believed in God or went to church. I had lots of friends that were girls until 9th grade when they all quit talking to me because they assumed I was too. My older sister was a lesbian throughout her years in high school. Now, she's dating guys since graduating high school this year. The only reason everyone knew who she and I were was because she played basketball and was one of the best starters. This is why till this day it's hard for me to become friends with girls because they think I want them. This kind of ish is very stressful..😩😭