Girls, Is optimism an indicator of confidence and therefore is it a trai that females would want in a guy?

Well obviously no female wants a guy who is a pessimist or lacks confidence but my question is does optimism reflect confidence? Or what does optimism lets a female know about a guy if that makes any sense?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes. Optimism can also reflect naïveté. I'm not a natural optimist so it's good for me to be around them but I can find it incredibly annoying.

• Can you explain how it shows that someone is naive if they're optimistic?

• I find that attitude annoying, personally. Sometimes life is shitty and there isn't anything you can do to overcome it but endure.

• I understand where you are coming from but I don't mean to declare to everybody how optimistic you are but just don't let life get under your skin

What Girls Said 8

• Optimism is most defiantly a trait that would be considered positive to most because it shows you have high hopes for whatever you may have yourself set on. I'm not going to go out on a limb and say it shows ambition, cause that would need physical tangible proof, but optimism shows your intentions are good and in the right direction.

• Not always. I look for honest people who are not afraid to speak their mind. To me that's one sign of confidence. I am a realist so to me overly optimistic people seem annoying.

• That is something that I want everyone to have.. Some people ruin their mood.. for Nothing

• I don't know that optimism reflects confidence so much as pessimism and negativity are just downers.

• to me, it means you won't just shut down in a situation and say it is impossible. you'll be the guy that cheers up the room, makes something less awkward. I like optimistic guys.

• well its not about confidence for me but pessemistic people (all the time at least) drain the life out of me
    i understand we all go through rough time... but i like people who see the good in the bad ya know..

• It lets me know he will be more likely not to give up on his problems and try to find a way through them. It also lets me know he's not going to be a constant drain on my energy :-)

• yes, thats true.