How does one teach art to 3 year olds?

I know art, but I don't really know the mind of a child. Like I know they like to use many art materials, but how does one teach art to them? Like do you ask them what they want to draw and then teach them how to draw that subject or something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd guess an important thing for them is object recognition. Tell them to draw or paint a car, a butterfly, a cloud, etc. I'd also introduce them to different media. You can use crayons, stamps, finger paint, paint brushes, paint sponges, pencil, pen, marker, necklaces, glue and popsicle sticks, colored paper and scissors. Teach them the basic colors of the rainbow (I'd suggest a jingle), maybe some shapes.

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell them to draw a picture of something. Like a dog or a car or a tree. Tell them to draw it as close as they can to what they see, if they have the will to practice and get it right, then they'll teach themselves.

• I would say best way is just let the kids have fun , some finger painting some mess here and there , there only kids let them have fun.

What Girls Said 1

• Just give them paint to dip their fingers in and a blank piece of paper to slab that paint on. Voila, art! Just make sure they don't eat the paint though.