Do you think you are smarter than almost everyone you know?

i have always truly believe that i am just born more intelligent, smarter, wiser, more knowledgeable, better critical thinking, about all the things that really matters, than most people.

i am not saying i am smarter than all people, i have come across a few guys who i think are wiser than me.
i am just saying most people i come across just don't seem to be on the same level as me

p. s. i am not American

• yes i think i am
  • no i don't

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I'm smarter.. I just have a knack of wording things to make it appear that way sometimes. ;)

Besides, we all bring something to the table that others don't. Someone might know a lot about one thing but not another. Some people don't have a clue about common sense, yet they could ace an exam in university on political science. Some people have street smarts, but if asked when the War of 1812 was, they wouldn't know.

What is "smart" to one person might not be so smart to another where they think it counts. Also, mistakes are often made, and just when you think you've encountered an idiot, it could very well be someone who is having a bad day.

On a more serious note, one never knows if someone is recovering from an illness that has stunted their though-process. My mom had cancer, and after her six months of chemotherapy she couldn't understand how to say words with more than two syllables, making her sound like she shouldn't be using "hard words". I suppose if someone met her and didn't realize what she was like, they would have thought she was a bit stupid - but no, she was a cancer survivor shaking off the chemotherapy, who, prior to her illness, had above-average intelligence.

Most Helpful Guy

• "i have always truly believe that i am just born more intelligent, smarter, wiser, more knowledgeable, better critical thinking, about all the things that really matters, than most people."

A perfect example of ood ol dunning-kruger. And based on the second reply, it seems you know that. So which statement is correct; the first one saying you're smarter than everyone else, or the second one saying you're not? I'd say the second one, because you fail to point out your own shortcommings. Sounds like you're at the stage of Conscious incompetence, or possibly suffer from the overconfidence effect.

What Girls Said 13

• LOL Different people are smart about different things and there's always someone better at whatever you do. So there's no point in thinking that you're all that and a bag of chips when someone else has a cookie and a drink too.

• no iv never thought this.

also, that ps is a racist one? not a good touch.

• Am I smarter on average? I think so. Does that mean that I treat people poorly (which is what I believe you are implying) because of it? No. You can learn something from everyone.

• Like everyone else is saying: "People are more intelligent in different areas". I like reading, and writing while I suck at math (I have a B but I still suck). Some of my friends are better than me at math. I have one friend who can be ignorant at times such as thinking that Japan is in china, and that the word "approach" is a 'big word' and people who use it are trying to be fancy and annoying. We also got into a debate about why people can't drink until the age of 21 and I tried to explain to her that your brain fully matures around that age. She wouldn't believe me even when I asked her to search it up. Also one day I had a Chinese tatoo and she kept trying to say that it was Indian and wouldn't research it on her phone*sigh*. My other friend doesn't understand things that are common sense and will repeatedly ask me obvious questions but I don't take that against her (other people do though). I don't think they're stupid though.

• no i don't think so at all

• Congratulations for being smart.

• Personally, I do think I'm wiser and smarter than some of my friends. School wise, I may not be on the same level as them but socially, they act kind of stupid

• No, I don't think that.

• No, I don't.

• considering you think people need to accept you because you're pretty, then it shows.

• Vote B = NOT most of the men I date.

• No not at all

• yeah, it sounds terrible, but yeah I do. or at least, I'm good at researching and asking questions.

• I've been known to say "I'm surrounded by idiots" on a near daily basis. But seriously, it depends how you define 'smart'. For instance, I'm ranked in the top 1% in terms of my end of high school grades and IQ, and I'm a medical student. But my general knowledge is terrible, and I can't even drive a car. I really do feel that most people think they're smarter than they are, it can be quite fun watching them try to keep up with me.

What Guys Said 23

• It's well known: en.wikipedia.org/.../Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
    We're all born in Wobegon, aren't we?

Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.

• I know for a fact I am, I had a 160 IQ in Kindergarten, and could already read and do algebra. At that point I had already read and practically memorized two entire encyclopedia sets, you know, those things people read to learn stuff before wikipedia existed. Personally I am sick and fucking tired of all the teenage smartphone addicts on here talking down to me like they could possibly know anything. That's why I just block people when they reply with their pseudo-intellectual bullshit and don't bother debating internet trolls anymore.

• I believe I am smarter and or wiser in some areas then my friends, just like they are in some areas I am not. I do not however believe that I am overall more intellectually superior then them.

• I think this is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Let me guess, are you an atheist?

People who are really smarter than the rest, tend to assume they aren't.

• if you read carefully what i said, you will see that i already said i don't really assume i am not smarter than the rest. and what does "the rest" means? does "the rest" includes the absolute smartest ones?

• They wouldn't be the smartest if you were smarter than them right?

Yea but you think you're pretty smart. Ego can only take you so far in this world.

• I'm just saying that the smartest people usually tend to assume that they're not.

• Nope my sister is the smartest person in my family, and she's older so nope never been the smartest person I know
    I also had genius friends in the chess club
    I think I am smart, I like to read and gain knowledge and work hard that's what matters

• Including the people I know, but don't deal with on a frequent basis, absolutely yes. I know for a fact that I am. However, I work with a lot of highly intelligent people, so those are the ones I see daily.

• I feel I am smarter than most people I meet, but it depends on the subject.

• Those who think they are smart often times allow their ego to get the better of them and do not continue on the road of acquired knowledge..
    -Me
    Still having an ego is far more entertaining.

• yeah but it's not an ego thing.

in fact, one of the reason i think i am smart is because i am capable of being a reflective person, unlike those arrogant retards who are blinded by their ego.
      what i mean is i am actually smart enough to have learned the idea that what you believe could be completely wrong and the smart thing to do is to flip your opinion completely the other way if the situation dictates it is the smart thing to do. i am not one of those who are so dumb they think " i am smart, i am always right no matter what"

• well, over the years i have come to notice that the really intelligent and successful people, it's not about either end of extreme, it's not "either this or that" mentality.

it's not either a forest or a tree, but rather you can see the forest AND the tree. that is the ultimate level.

• You mean to say it is a median? A level ideal between the two?

• For new people I've met within the last 5 years or so? yeah, I think I can say that.

But for friends I've known for a long time? no... not at all. I make friends with a lot of freaks.

• Dude im Asian with an A* never met a B*sian before because they dont exist

• When it comes to knowledge then yeah.
    When it comes to socializing, getting stuff done, and being productive, hell no.

• I don't know about smartness but I have a common sense by the way " common sense is not so common " 😜👌

• I'm more Right Wing than most people I know.

So yes.

• yep, most guys like you lack social skills, or true life smarts. i have more in a grain of hair than you do in your entire brain and/or body

• I'm no slouch, but I've surrounded myself with some *very* smart people...

• No I don't, especially when it comes to math, I'm dumber than everyone I know D:.

• I don't think I am. I statistically know that I am.

• not even close, I actually think I am quite daft

• Intelligence is not the same as wisdom though. I'd rather grow more wise.

• No. I think I'm bellow, actually...

• 50% of guys are delusional.

• Occasionally, but then reality intrudes... :)

• Nah I am not smart, :/