Why is it that the male and female ramp models are on an average very close height wise?

Most of the women are 5'9-5'11 and the men are 5'11-6'2 from what i have noticed through the internet

Most Helpful Girl

• Because that's the standard. Not anyone can be that kind of a model, they have to reach set standards.

• yeah, but in the real world men are usually good about 4-5'' taller than the average woman but that doesn't seem to be the case here which i found a little funny tbh

• It works differently in that industry I guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, it would be more interesting if they all were about 4 inch shorter. Then they would actually look like the average people.

What Girls Said 1

• Simple clothes look better on them plus their height allows them to be better seen by the audience while walking the runway

• Its not about their height as such, in fact that way 5'11-6'2'' is a pretty standard height for men. Its the negligible height difference between the genders in the modelling world in contrast to the real that intrigued me

• Yeah but clothes look good on that height so modelling companies and the fashion industry tend to choose females who are close to that height range

• asker, the main concern of runway models is to make the clothes look good. they're basically walking hangers for the fashion shows. they're not meant to look good together. they're meant to sell the clothes not compliment each other so that the audience will get the impression that oh those two models look good together. no it's all about the clothes

What Guys Said 2

• I can barely qualify the woman standard i think LMAO

• same here actually lol, i am a only a little over 5'10

• Cos long legs, duh