Girls, Is it okay to start giving my baby baby food at 5months?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• It's ok if you slowly introduce it at that age. But it needs to be puréed. I suggest making your own baby food as you would want what is best for the baby.

So slowly introduce the little one and also keep breastfeeding or formula as an everyday routine.

What Girls Said 7

• I waited until 6 months (standard time).

I don't see what the rush is the baby has its entire lifetime to eat different textures of food.

I would stick with formula/milk at this stage.

• You should be asking the pediatrician that.

5months is just too early. His digestive system won't be able to break down solid foods unless you have meshed it up into liquid form.

• I'm really worried that you need to ask this question on GaG... You should have a paediatrician. Or find a reliable source, not an opinion site.

• Ask your baby's doctor but normally it's supposed to be only breast milk or formula until they're 6 months. So you'd have another month but ask the doctor and see what they say

• ask your baby's doctor :)

• I think you should google this and find professional sources.

• Yes that seems fine if your baby can handle it