Alternatives to therapy?

SO i'm not too in touch with my emotions, nor have I ever been, and I've always been kinda negative and full of self doubt, and haven't really realized it's effect on me until now. Which is why I should see one but don't have money to do so, and am looking for alternatives. I don't think I'm depressed, just more of an overthinker, that dwells too much on the what-ifs and the negatives. I don't want it to get worse, and it's been bothering me for a while but between school and work I don't have much free time anymore. I tried yoga once, but found I am uncomfotable with that much silence, like I can't not laugh or something, then I started thinking of funny things.
Long story short, I guess I just need a way to just calm down, focus, get my thoughts together, and maybe learn to be positive along the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a problem like that not too long ago, and I found my problem was a lack of motivation in my life. I find emotions to be the more annoying part of my life, but they are crucial to motivate yourself. I still ask my self all of these what ifs because I am still worried about my life. But I know myself and understand why I ask these questions. It's good to have this aspect of asking those questions, but you need balance. Take a couple minutes a day ( not right before bed ) and just think only of those questions. Find away to constructively vent those emotions. I've stopped being bothered today because I have found my passion in life. I suggest you use some time to find yours. Good luck

What Guys Said 3

• Focus on something like a game.. Or try visualisation meditation

Or lucid dream.. Find out anything about yourself

• MMA or kick boxing

• you need a hug.

What Girls Said 1

• Okay so I know you said you aren't depressed but a lot of the same principles can be applied to the way you feel. Check out this site. A lot of the time its because we don't recognize what the emotion makes us feel. We attribute a lot of emotions to simple things like anger or frustration or being happy or sad, but there are much more sub categories that will help you realize what emotions you are feeling and how to better handle them when they happen. You will also see that with certain people you will have to set boundaries so that they don't elicit these feeling in you.
    www.allaboutdepression.com/.../CBT_13.html