What to do in a completely new city when you dont know anyone?

so i have just unpacked everything i came with in my new apartment, but its only 17:00 and i have nothig to do.. I only know one person here and we are planning to meet tomorrow.. I have been to the shop, so yeah.. i have nothin g to do and the weather is relly nice.

So any advice on what to do in a completely new city when you dont know anyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• I normally find a way to get around and go sight-seeing. I can spend days and days doing that until I get a schedule and find people to hang out with.

When I first moved to MPLS (Minneapolis), it was a pretty big city and I found ways to entertain myself daily before I met people. Even when we weren't hanging out I still had plenty to do on my own that could kill hours.

Most Helpful Girl

• Easy - take dance lessons = instant social injection w/friends/classmates
    as for tonight, find some gals at a dance bar to group for safety in numbers with and bond with them, perhaps a guy dance or two but no bonding with them ... yet

What Guys Said 1

• Why not hang out at a coffee shop maybe some cool people will chat you up

What Girls Said 1

• at inn at the bar of restaurant, join an interest group. Jon a gym and take classes to make friends.